Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Spiders  (Read 50955 times)

pixie

Re: Spiders
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2012, 10:06:26 PM »

:neutral:  ;D

Goodnight ladies, I hope its a more peaceful night!

ellie

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2012, 06:49:13 AM »

:-\ well I survived the night with very little sleep. I kept the light on, could hear Owls hooting and foxes calling, but didn't see any spiders....phewwww

honeybun

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2012, 10:26:24 AM »

We also stay on the edge of the countryside and we get some BIG spiders here.

Its funny though, when we stayed in our last house which was a very very old 1st floor flat we hardly ever saw a spider. Maybe they dont like heights  ;D I would have thought that a really old place with nooks and crannies would appeal more to a spider than a bungalow.

No matter how much I tell myself I am so much bigger than them they still scare the **** out of me.

Its all those legs. Its just unnatural.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2012, 12:32:13 PM »

We are cutting back and shredding our garden and there are some fat 'autumn' spiders in thick webs ALL OVER THE PLACE  ;D

Spider phobia is real and common.  It's not unusual to be afraid of something that scuttles because when we lived in the cave  ;)

Bette

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2012, 01:11:46 PM »

Neither OH or I like spiders but we have learnt to tolerate them.  :) However, he hates moths and daddy-long-legs, neither of which I mind. I'm used to be called to remove moths - he can just about cope with opening the window once I have caught them!  ;D
This morning I was driving to town when a daddy-long-legs suddenly started fluttering around in the car. I managed to wait till I parked up to get rid of it, although I must admit that I was pleased when it settled on the dashboard where I could see it. Goodness knows how OH would have coped.  :o
Bette x

Joyce

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2012, 02:01:33 PM »

I had a humongous hairy spider in the bath this morning.  I swear it winked at me!  ;D  He/she is now no more.  No way was I sharing my bath with not so incy wincy!

flushtered

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2012, 02:03:48 PM »

I think for me, it's how fast spiders can move that is the most frightening 'cos if you do manage to pin it down, it can get away again before you're ready to do anything with it!   :o  I don't mind daddy long legs so much, at least it's quite easy to grab a leg and put them outside.   ;D

Skylark

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2012, 04:02:30 PM »

Get yourselves a 'Spider Catcher', ladies (you should find one at the online 'jungle' store). 

It really works, is humane as it's 'bristles' don't crush the spider and you don't have to get right up close and personal to catch it.

I've got one and it's brilliant.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2012, 04:03:53 PM »

<wave Skylark> - several mail order catalogues do varying designs of spider catcher - we used to have a cat  ::)  :cat88: who would pin them down under her paw, then lift her foot to allow them to run so that she could chase them .......

ellie

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2012, 05:09:22 PM »

A spider catcher would be no use to me  :-\ I couldn't possible get that close to the spider  :(. I cannot even touch a fake spider, or even a picture of one.
  Yet I used to work in a pet shop and had to handle mice, rats etc.

pixie

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2012, 05:18:26 PM »

Ellie, I'm glad you survived the night! I'm the same, even the top of a tomato (the leaf that looks like one) has  freaked me out before!  Will get a spider catcher but the fear is the critter might escape and quickly run up into my hair aarrrh :o

ellie

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2012, 05:59:30 PM »

Know just what you mean Pixie  :-\ .
       One time, my hubby was working a late shift and wasn't due home until one in the morning. At eight o'clock I decided to go up and have a shower, but I saw a big spider half way up the stairs......I don't like harming them but had no choice. So I sprayed it with fly spray and it curled up and fell over. I waited and watched for a good half hour.I finally plucked up courage and dashed past it  :o  :o  :o .The ##### thing ran as got past it >:(.....so then I was stuck upstairs till hubby came home. Of course he thought is was funny...grrrr

pixie

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2012, 06:02:37 PM »

Oh crumbs!  ;D I had one that raced along the carpet and under one of the units, during the night!  I had to start moving furniture and hoovering in the middle of the night and it never came out.  I bolstered up the door in that room and also the bedroom, never found it, but I just wonder where it went!  :-X x
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 06:04:47 PM by pixie »

limpy

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2012, 07:07:55 PM »

Ellie, glad you survived last night. Did you try the glass of wine? It was meant for you not the spider!  ;)

I have tried fly spray with spiders, only to have then run off when you think they are dead. I think they hold their breath  ;D

ellie

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2012, 07:19:38 PM »

Lol Limpy. No I don't drink so no wine for me  :o doesn't mix with tablets I take. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13