Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A weird dream  (Read 15422 times)

Firewalker50

A weird dream
« on: August 29, 2012, 02:32:11 PM »

I wonder if anyone can explain a dream I had.

I dreamed that I had a very heavy period in the middle of the supermarket - where I felt as if I would not reach the door before it all flooded onto the floor.
The dream actually represented what I had experienced a few times maybe in the time 10 years ago.

I have not had a period for around 4 years and have no longing for them.  I don't feel a loss in any way and I don't really suffer a great deal with menopausal symptoms compared to some people.

I also don't remember dreams very often;  they are rare, short lived and vivid when I do remember.

It was not part of a longer dream, just that experience as if it was a flashback/recall to a previous experience.   Strange.

Any thoughts?

Fx

flushtered

Re: A weird dream
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 02:41:21 PM »

Maybe it was just the result of reading everyones various posts on here?  I dreamed about my mum (6 years since she died) the other night for the first time in ages and put it down to that.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 02:42:18 PM »

Brain is a strange critter I reckons, spends it's time deciding what to upset us with next  ::).  My dreams are always weird and wonderful with my brain picking up a news item, sharing the theme with people long forgotten, mixing that with people I don't like ......... and yep, goes way back sometimes - I was in the house Himself and I first rented last night along with 100s of other people: we had all been told to take one item [it's a georgian mansion with a long history] and we couldn't decide what to take ..........  no wonder I'm tired today  ::)

flushtered

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 03:02:48 PM »

Whenever I dream about past houses they are not how they should be and usually have more rooms in them!  Wonder what that's all about?  When I dreamed about my mum the other night though, we were in her house and it was all how it should have been.  ;D

san

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 05:33:25 PM »

F50 it must have been awful for you when it did happen. I remember fearing a flooding when i had heavy periods.
Sometimes the box of a memory just pops open and it reminds you. Even doctors don't fully understand how the brain stores and recalls things.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 03:05:21 PM »

I dreamt about this thread last night  ;D

Firewalker50

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 03:44:59 PM »

Thanks for the replies.  It quite disturbed me when I wakened.  However, you are probably right - probably reading too much on here and it linked!

Perhaps my hormones are bubbling away somewhere under the surface but not enough to show face  ;D

Did you dream about the dream CLKD? lol

I have no idea Flushtered.  Was it because you moved to bigger homes or with more rooms?   And no need to change your Mum's because she does not need a bigger one and that is a stability in her life?
I am sure there is a more complex reason, but just showing interest  ::)

Fx

Fx

flushtered

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 06:44:52 PM »

Good answer Firewalker, did move to houses with more rooms each time I moved.  Mum no longer with us, but as you say, she did not need a bigger house.   8)

pixie

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 09:50:53 PM »

I have lot of strange dreams in between the wakefulness, which must prove I've been asleep some of the time anyway!  My latest ones seem to feature high rise buildings, and I have a phobia of heights. :P
Apparently a building represents the body and self and if you are high up in it, it means you have a rising level of understanding and awareness!!  ;D ;D
Its interesting Flushtered that you dream about living in houses, I too dream about living again in houses i have lived in as a child - mainly two of them but not the others.  Maybe it is something to do with unresolved issues from that time?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 09:58:36 PM by pixie »

Firewalker50

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 11:31:16 PM »

I have been in the company of a Drumming group who practice Shamanic or Red Indian practices.  They (and I on that occasion) go into drumming journeys, and afterwards they analyse the dreams.  It was a one off and really special experience.

I had forgotten until tonight when reading the thread.

No idea what they would make of the dream I described in this thread, but they were fantastic at analysing the dreams of the group members at the times.  I was quite fascinated.  My dream and interpretation related absolutely with events and changes in my life.  If I had to tell most other people about it, they would just look at me as if I was a strange person (and they did  ;D).

Fx

Suzi Q

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 11:52:11 PM »

Maybe love it was JUST A DREAM?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 03:12:06 PM »

SuziQ that's my Husband's exact words  ::)

I dream about the bungalow I was raised in from age 3-7 years and often my Grandma's house: she didn't have a bathroom and in my mind I'm trying to find out whether the next owners built one and where they put it, so much so that in reality I often look to see if the house is for sale so that I can have a nosey to find out  ;D

pixie

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 06:36:59 PM »

I had a really weird dream last night, that I was working in an institution, where there were a lot of freakish critters, including a tattooed headless man and another man with red eyes (like Micheal Jacksons thriller). I didn't wake up scared, but it was very vivid.  When I looked it up, headless man dreams indicate losing your head, probably menopause related again!  ;D

flushtered

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 04:16:56 PM »

Maybe not so weird as we're all on here so often, but I dreamt we were all at a pre-arranged spa weekend away and trying to work out who was who without telling each other!  Maybe an idea?  ;D

ellie

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 04:36:44 PM »

:o oh what a good idea.......I am the tall, slim,natural blonde ,with all my own teeth...... :rofl:
Pages: [1] 2