Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: constipation  (Read 24057 times)

pixie

Re: constipation
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2012, 10:58:08 AM »

You were right I went for a swim and did help! :D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2012, 03:34:35 PM »

:o not in the pool hopefully  ;D

My bowels were hormone related for years. Now they are lazy due to being a recoverying anorexic ....... the spasm simply stopped working in the 1990s hence the need for medication etc..

pixie

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2012, 09:02:19 PM »

;D ;D  Was in the sea! 

Must say I'm enjoying the prunes, I don't why they have such a bad image!! :-\ X

I think exercise does help the bowels to start being more active.  I never realised anorexia stopped function like that, once you were recovered.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 09:06:17 PM by pixie »

enchantedworld

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2018, 08:56:48 PM »

Lactulose should work, but it does take a few doses, loads of water with it. Fybrogel will also help, both pretty gentle but perhaps taken together will be more effective. I use Manevac granules, they work a treat for me.
Eddie. x

I'm stuck on Lactulose .... Fybrogel made me go but too fast ... not enough time to soften up :(

CLKD

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2018, 12:31:00 PM »

Fybogel  :sick02:  ;D - I bypassed the gut, opened the packets and poured contents into the compost. 

My Mum finds H&B sweeties with figs in eases her bowel.  Again 'yuck'.  Liquirice? 

Daisydot

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2018, 12:40:02 PM »

I'm back on prunes instead of choc raisins lol and a tablespoon of organic coconut oil at night,it's working tummy so much better and I've just bought the clever guts diet by Dr Michael Mosley and the Pioppi diet by Dr Aseem Malhotra.one thing I can tell you is I'll never put another bottle of yakhult past my mouth,4 teaspoons of sugar is just one of the nasties that go into making this up imagine that first thing every morning,I don't think so,I'm going back on the kefir milk and sauerkraut now so if anything I've turned a corner in the right direction.xx

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2018, 12:41:12 PM »

Sugar can encourage bowel movement ;-).  I never think about sugars in drinks/yoghurts etc. as my diet is mainly natural sugars.

I could eat a pound of prunes  ;D

Daisydot

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2018, 04:04:26 PM »

Right I need to brag now I've had two of the best ever movements today, in one day!!!
I had a handful of prunes instead of a lunch today and a bottle of water so it was obviously lurking in there just needing a push to exit.I feel a stone lighter lol.
Whitworths snack on Chilean prunes in a reasealable pouch from Asda's just lovely lol.xx

CLKD

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2018, 08:41:57 PM »

that's known as a 'good result' in Hospital parlance  ;D

same again tomorrow?

Daisydot

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2018, 08:44:52 PM »

Deffo lol
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]