Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: What time of day to take HRT?  (Read 10843 times)

Anjia

What time of day to take HRT?
« on: April 14, 2013, 06:24:14 PM »

I was wondering what time of the day to take HRT.I have only been taking it for 3 months and take it in the morning.I have some bad nights where I don't sleep well and wake in a panic do you think if I take it before bed it will help.

Anjia

Re: What time of day to take HRT?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 03:48:19 PM »

Thought I would have had at least a few answers to this!!!!

English Rose

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 09:44:58 PM »

Hi Anjia
I take mine in the morning too, so can't really advise as I get on fine with that - I figure best (for me anyway) to have a boost of hormones early in the day, but we are all different.  You say you've been on for just 3 months so I guess it's still quite early days yet, and you don't say whether you're on continuous or sequi HRT: did your doc ask you to go back for a review after 3 months?  If not, it might be worth going back for advice. Hope your sleep problems soon begin to improve.
I'm sure someone else will be along soon with experience of taking it at night-time.   Best wishes ER x

Ivy

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 02:21:05 AM »

I've only just started taking HRT but I take it at 10 pm at night. Mornings don't really exist for me. The packet just said, take at same time each day, so I don't think it matters.

KatieLiz

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 05:53:35 PM »

I always take mine in the evening.  I have been taking HRT for 18mths now but as I was unsure in the beginning how I would feel, I decided to take it before I went to bed.  The odd time I have forgotten then I have just taken it in the morning. 

I think the longer you are on HRT the more balanced your hormones become.  At first I took mine without fail every evening and then after about a year I forgot a few times but then remembered in the morning. 

After the first six months I upped mine from 1mg to 2mg as I started to get weepy etc and felt I needed more estrogen.  Then a little while ago my boobs started to get uncomfortable (just like before HRT) so I missed a couple of tablets over a few weeks and everything settled again.