Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Can't Sleep?  (Read 50126 times)

paisley

Re: Can't Sleep?
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2012, 03:54:43 PM »

Hi Rosebush, I take 1 500mg caplet

pixie

« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2012, 04:49:32 PM »

I took 30mg of codeine phos and 2 paracetamols for a banging headache yesterday, I still did not go to sleep until 2am. Was then awake a couple of times before finally dragging myself out of bed at 7.30am.  I've been to work all day.  At least the headache has gone and not too exhausted surprisingly!  I wonder if hot flushes produce bursts of adrenaline that keep us going? :-\

JJ

« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2012, 10:33:42 PM »

Slept for almost 8 hrs last night, but have felt jittery and rubbish all bloomin day.

Robyn

« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2012, 11:22:57 PM »

I use something that might help those who are having trouble sleeping. It's called “Sleep Minerals II”. I don't normally advocate “natural” products for sleeplessness, because I've never found anything that would help me, unless it was a prescribed drug, but these capsules are just basically calcium and magnesium with a few other things thrown in, but there is something about the way they are  formulated that really seems to make them work. I was really sceptical when got mine, but after using them for a while I really think they do help.

I've had a big improvement with my insomnia since I got my progesterone intolerance under control, so I'm not sure if they would help if your insomnia is the full-blown hormonal type that only drugs help, but if I wake during the night or have trouble getting to sleep, I take one of these capsules and I fall asleep straight away, without fail.

They're not expensive, and they might help some of you. They do say that the longer you use them the better they work, so if you don't find they help straight away don't give up. At least try them for a couple of weeks before you make up your mind.

JJ

« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2012, 09:10:23 AM »

Thanks Robyn

Night_Owl

« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2012, 06:54:07 PM »

I'd like to get some of those Sleep Minerals II too.  Since having to come off HRT (due to worsening of migraines) I haven't had one night of proper sleep.

As soon as my head hits the pillow, a sweat will start - then they happen roughly every 2 hours, sometimes I can be awake simmering like a boil in the bag, for anything up to 3 hours.  It really is hideous.

Listening to LBC 97.3 radio keeps me sane - I love Steve Allen.

Night_Owl
x

purplenanny

« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2012, 07:12:56 PM »

Hi Night_Owl

I listen to LBC and also love Steve Allen. Do you know why he is no longer broadcasting on a Sunday morning - I used to really enjoy that - especially the gadget man, Darren?

Purplenanny x x

Night_Owl

« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2012, 08:12:33 PM »

Hi Purplenanny - no idea why he's not on air on Sunday - he did cut down his hours as his show is now shorter, maybe that was part of the arrangement - I used to enjoy gadget man too.   I also like Clive Bull - he's back - only on early Sunday evenings though.

While I'm lying there in the insomniac depths of despair, Steve A can still make me chuckle.

Night_Owl
x

purplenanny

« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2012, 08:18:19 PM »

Yes, Steve A can be very cheeky at times and certainly does help to brighten those early hours.

Hope you have a better night tonight Night_Owl.

Purplenanny x x

Night_Owl

« Reply #129 on: June 11, 2012, 08:28:37 PM »

Thanks PM - you too, hope you get some decent Zzzzzzzs.

Seem to get some deep sleep from c.6am - 8.30am - although that's only as I'm not working just now, god only knows  how I'll be when I have to get up at 6.30 or 7.  Mind you, I do have some very nutty weird dreams during that time of sleep, dreamt today that I had a HUGE (human size) baby that I couldn't care for as I had to go to work - more of a nightmare, ugh!

Night_Owl
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2012, 08:30:00 PM »

My dreams go on and on and ............. weird and wonderful usually  ::) but leave me exhausted by morning.  Could drop off here but once I get into bed  >:(

purplenanny

« Reply #131 on: June 11, 2012, 08:40:18 PM »

Yes, me too!

I usually wake around 5am and when I eventually nod off, that's when I dream - and they are really weird, busy and vivid

we should start a dreams thread - or has there been one previously?

Night_Owl

« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2012, 08:52:14 PM »

Think I recall seeing a Dreams thread at some time - dreams often get mentioned.

Have always dreamed but nothing like the dreams/nightmares and weird stuff I've had since meno.  So vivid and takes a while to shake it off when waking.

Wonder what creates it - hormone fluctuations, sugar levels - who knows. Used to think it was down to HRT and possible liver overload.  They were much worse / more intense when on HRT.

Night_Owl
x

Lynne888

« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2012, 01:11:38 PM »

I'm quite prone to bad dreams anyway but oddly my husband has never remembered ever having a dream. He must have had them but he just never remembers! If I have a bad nights sleep, I usually have particularly bad dreams then. I think some of the medication I take doesn't help. My brother has cancer and is taking quite a high dose of morphine and he has terrible nightmares which the doctors have told him is down to the medication so I assume other medication can cause nightmares/dreams too. 

paisley

« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2012, 05:40:35 PM »

I dream every night and they are always muddled up and confusing sometimes I think they actually wake me up.
Last night the usual restless leg woke me up and then I tossed and turned, was too hot and then felt generally irritated. So hot here at night in Spain, can't sleep then I am so irritable during the day
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10