Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Anxiety in the morning  (Read 42978 times)

paulineh

Re: Anxiety in the morning
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 06:30:33 AM »

I get nausea too Meg and like you I never suffered from this until I was in my forties. Some times worse than others. Is it a surge of hormones or a drop? Never really sure about that one. Perhaps others know.
I sincerely hope it doesn't last forever  :o :o

2cats

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 07:06:20 AM »

Morning anxiety has returned at the moment - which makes getting out to work difficult.
Nausea was a real problem for me off and on over the last 8/9 years. I kept thinking I must be so susceptible to stomach bugs! doh.  It's only looking back that I realise it was peri related.
I've no idea if it's surge or drop in hormones!  Either way it was a horrible feeling.

lollipop

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 10:04:43 AM »

yep i get sick feeling in morning if i hadnt been sterilized years ago i wud of thought i was pregnant :)tbh i wud rather be pregnant cus at least you no symptoms wud go in 9months who knows when this meno ends :'(xx

Bette

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 04:01:06 PM »

The nausia I had was definitely hormonal. Only got it with peri and it was constant, not just in the morning. Eating did help a bit but that was a struggle as I had absolutely no appetite.  :( Happily it went with HRT.
Bette x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 08:43:59 PM »

Low blood sugar causes anxiety surges.  Which is why NAPS suggested that I eat every 3 hours ....... slow release foods even through the night.

JJ

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 09:45:34 PM »

What's NAPS clkd?

Meg

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 01:06:22 AM »

My GP said that she had not come across another woman in menopause who had nausea.  She must be in her later thirties but I wish she would visit this site and then she would know differently.

Meg

Bette

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 07:24:11 AM »

Maybe she would also claim that women don't get morning sickness during pregnancy, Meg!  :beat: If hormones cause that, surely it's logical that they can cause them during meno too.  ???
Bette x

suzykeens

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 07:50:03 AM »

My doctor said the same to me, that feeling sick in the morning was not part of the menopause, I suggested he read the forum, no budging him. It would be interesting to know exactly what is going off inside to make this happen. I too take beta Blockers if it is severe, which calms down adrenalin in the blood stream, I believe, so I am definately thinking it must be hormonal. I had an hysterectomy 6 months ago - so not really sure where I am with hormones - whether I even have any now?

Anne B

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 08:06:35 AM »

Suzykeens
Are you on HRT? I had a hysterectomy 3 months ago and am on HRT but still struggling with meno symptoms. I am convinced my oestrogen is still too low and nausea is linked to this. Waiting for a decision from doc whether to up my level of HRT or not. My hormone levels are to be rechecked in another couple of weeks before a decision is made. Can't wait because I feel so exhausted all the time and would welcome a chance to feel normal again. Force myself out the house every day for a wee walk but it's quite hard. Can't seem to see light at the end of the tunnel but need to get fit enough to get back to work.
Do you feel physically fit after 6 months post-op?

Anne B

pixie

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2012, 04:55:20 AM »

Hi,

Yes I've woken up at 4.30 this morning, after a very restless night.  Hot flushes more noticeable in this weather! I slept with just a sheet on - then end up feeling cold, then put the quilt and sweating again. In the end I have got up after 5 hours sleep. I was just lying feeling very negative and quite panicky. I also start worrying about my mother who is getting old, and also have thoughts about changing my life, job, friends etc. Then I get up have now had a cup of tea and feel ok, apart from a slight headache.  I am wondering if I have finished my periods yet, as it has now been nearly 6 months. I seem to go through phases of feeling like this, as at the moment I have been stressed as mum in hospital. I hope all this doesn't get worse.  I find the sunny hot weather worse than the winter, which is a shame because should be enjoying it! Also I find people getting on my nerves, especially younger ones - grumpy or what?!! :(
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 05:22:21 AM by pixie »

2cats

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2012, 09:20:22 AM »

JJ - I think CLKD is referring to National Association for Premenstrual Syndrome  :)

sweettooth

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2012, 09:45:29 AM »

Good news the nausea does go :) i used to be plagued with this even though i was on hrt i still got breakthrough symptoms and god knows what dose i would have needed to be on to get rid of it! - strong hormone fluctuations which i am pleased to say are now settling though far from perfect. I really get cross when i hear of GP telling a patient she has never heard of women having nausea related to menopause and is bound to make the patient more anxious - a little reassurance and some research wouldnt go amiss >:(.  I personally would not go to a young GP with meno probs

JJ

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2012, 10:51:53 PM »

Thanks 2catsnat, I'd not heard of that.

suzykeens

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2012, 08:49:08 PM »

Thanks anne & susan for replies - Unfortunately I cannot take HRT as I had Ovarian Cancer - the doctor as now given me some indigestion medicine and tested me for everything he could think off I believe :D So I will know shortly if everything is okay.  xxx
Pages: 1 [2] 3