Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Holiday Anxiety  (Read 54876 times)

pj44

Re: Holiday Anxiety
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2012, 07:28:24 AM »

Thank you for that post suziq could you try lower dose diazipam. I have 2mg and at least then you could take more if you needed to.

pj44

« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2012, 03:06:20 PM »

Think I had better give up this guessing game when I am going on holiday as we are not going next Friday. Apart of me though wanted to go I just want to go now even more so while we have the nice weather. The seaside is the place to be in this heat.

Taz2

« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2012, 03:37:09 PM »

Sorry to hear you've had a change of plan pj but hope you get there soon. My son is popping over to the IOW tomorrow morning as he's helping a friend to move house.

Taz x

pj44

« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2012, 04:22:06 PM »

I only have myself to blame taz. I could ask daughter and I would then know for certain but think its better for me not to know when we are going.

JJ

« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2012, 10:48:50 PM »

Pj caught up now - u still going but don't know when. :)

Suzi q , I'm like you, hate flying but love arriving so much that I try to grin and bear it. Theres a good (famous bloke - hypnotherapist) cd available , it's helpful , explains a plane crash possibility as likely as getting kicked to death by a donkey on the way to work, sounds daft but I think of it when those engines rev up, I loathe the take off .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2012, 08:16:15 PM »

Home :  :great:

Firewalker50

« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2012, 09:16:43 PM »

Why do I insist on worrying in advance about what could go wrong. It's so pointless isn't it? What can it possibly achieve and in fact nothing might go wrong and I could have saved myself the churning stomach over the past week.

Well said Ariadne :clapping:

For all of you who have holidays booked and are overcoming your anxiety to go - well done!

For those of you thinking of booking but feeling so anxious you have not made the move yet - I hope you can find a way to manage your anxiety enough to take the step to book, to go, and to have a great time.

Fx

JJ

« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2012, 10:10:19 PM »

Hello clkd , hope all went well for you.

Suzi Q

« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2012, 02:14:19 AM »

Pj caught up now - u still going but don't know when. :)

Suzi q , I'm like you, hate flying but love arriving so much that I try to grin and bear it. Theres a good (famous bloke - hypnotherapist) cd available , it's helpful , explains a plane crash possibility as likely as getting kicked to death by a donkey on the way to work, sounds daft but I think of it when those engines rev up, I loathe the take off .
To me lightening does and can strike twice
Bobbles parents died in a Plane Crash 1967 some may remember it? (he was 12)
There were 2 plane crashes that day from Manchester to Spain
Sunday 12.15am 3rd June Bobbles parents plane crashed in to the Pyrennes on their first package holiday
Theyd always gone to Spain by Boat and Train but thier daughter married year before and flew to Spain on honeymoon 4 parents flew together  Bobbles and his sisters Mum and Dad her new hubbies parents so they all lost a MUM and DAD
In the 60s everything and anything was being put in the skies that could still  fly they flew on a DC 4
Bobbles MUM and DAD served in the RAF the entire war (he was a change baby) first plane they flew on and it crashed
There was a carbon monoxide leak in the Cabin @flight deck theres a memorial on the mountains to them all 85 died
That afternoon the most known one it was the Stockport crash plane took off just fell out of the sky on to the fields
You can understand my fears I know silly I ride a Motor Bike Im 30 times more likely to die on that than in a car !Daft!

Firewalker50

« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2012, 09:01:56 AM »

Oh Suzi.  How horrible.  You are the first person I have 'known' who has direct link to someone who did in an aircrash.

Like you say, I think there are far greater risks we take every day but we cannot always rationalise our fears just work our way through them step by step.

Fx

Taz2

« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2012, 04:07:19 PM »

I am always really pleased to see that my son's flight has landed after his frequent trips to Florida but he always says that the journey home via M25 and M4 is by far the most dangerous part of his trip!

Taz x

JJ

« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2012, 09:04:31 PM »

Suzi q, I can understand the fears worse if you know people who have lost their lives in plane crash, and I suppose every time there is an accident the news stories are horribly graphic and we hold that image . if your like me and you hate it but do it anyway your doing ok I suppose. They do run fear of flying courses but i can't imagine it solving anything for me I just kind of grin and bear it.

Suzi Q

« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2012, 12:36:18 AM »

Thanks ladies
No as the years have gone on its got worse I used to fly OK
Then it got a bit scarey bump wise but othe than that OK
Now at 58 in JUne 16 rtn trips to UK from ozz plus flights to Bali New Zealand and with in Ozz IM bloody scared wittless
BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I do it that takes guts and Im no a whimp xxxxxxxxxxx to all us scaredy cats  :-* :-* :-*

changesbabe

« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2012, 10:25:43 AM »

The bikini is bought!! I have been reassured by many that I don't look ridiculous and that my body is fine. I never told my hubby that I had bought one and just put it on and walked into the living room with it on - his eyes lit up which was good - at least he didn't retch! He told me I looked 'hot!'. Hair is dyed and slowly but surely I seem to be getting ready to go on holiday. Still need to book the insurance, the car into the airport parking and get my euros - then it is just the wait... three weeks on friday - eek!  xxx

Suzi Q

« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2012, 11:11:05 AM »

Oh Suzi.  How horrible.  You are the first person I have 'known' who has direct link to someone who did in an aircrash.

Like you say, I think there are far greater risks we take every day but we cannot always rationalise our fears just work our way through them step by step.

Fx

That just shows that 99.9% of planes dont crash or wed all know someone or know some who knew someone
Its irrational and daft when you think of Bobbles and mys hobby BIG MOTOR BIKES FAST FAST FAST
Its a normal fear most  are nervy about flying even if its just take off or landing
For me its the entire thing heheh I have to laugh or Id never go anywhere yet the odd thing is
 I dont worry when Bobbles son or Dinlaw flys I dont even think of it???????
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13