Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Holiday Anxiety  (Read 54879 times)

Christine662

Re: Holiday Anxiety
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2012, 02:46:12 PM »

It was worth the travelling to see Little Jack at the beach for the first time..he loved it!!!

Have tried to post a photo of him on the beach but cant do it!!! :-\

pj44

« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2012, 02:56:08 PM »

Same for me stumpy, my dog connor loved it. Everyone said what a lovely well behaved dog he was.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2012, 03:39:51 PM »

Well done on going, staying and getting home !

I'm anxious and we haven't booked anything in Italy yet, so much so that I think I will shelve the idea  :-\

JJ

« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2012, 03:51:22 PM »

Pj44 f a b u l o u s you did it xxxx

Clkd - go on, book something, the weather is awful here, you have your beta blockers and just make sure you have nice relaxing bath every evening whilst away ;)

Bette

« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2012, 04:03:41 PM »

pj44 - well done, that is brilliant!  :congrats: :medal:
Bette x

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2012, 04:07:11 PM »

Same for me stumpy, my dog connor loved it. Everyone said what a lovely well behaved dog he was.
Well done pj44 - so glad to hear you had a great time and that you overcame your anxiety.  I was interested reading about your phone.  I actually think the darned things make some people even more anxious!  I have a friend whose family never give her a minutes peace (despite them all being adults now) and she's like a cat on hot bricks all the time - they're either ringing or texting and she can never relax.  It's never anything that can't wait they just like her to be at their beck and call.   It drives me mad.  I always turn my phone off when I'm out - we all need some "me time".

Joyce

« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2012, 05:26:48 PM »

Good for you pj44!   :medal:

pj44

« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2012, 07:04:41 PM »

Thanks everyone for kind words, CLKD if i can do it you can :P book it

viv

« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2012, 07:25:18 PM »

Well we did not go far...about 2/34 hours in the car and I managed and I enjoyed it. The weather for Scotland was really quite good. I got a bit wet once and that was it...never wore a jacket all week.

Only had one major wobble in a whiskey distillery. My OH wanted to do a tour and when we actually got into the distillery it was hot (very) and noisy and smelly I started to feel funny. Just too hot and light headed. I had to ask to be directed to an exit, and ended up outside shaking like a leaf. Felt a bit of a prat but still glad to be outside in the fresh air. Some things we did were a challenge but I got on and did and enjoyed.

This is the women who could go anywhere and do anything not so many years ago. I hope she comes back soon but until then I will keep on pushing and trying.

If I can do then anyone can...and just for the views...the peace and the rest it was wonderful.

Honeyb
x

changesbabe

« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2012, 09:56:50 AM »

Ok the anxiety has kicked in big time. I am freaking about everything but really I think it is because the holiday is looming. I am trying really hard to calm down but not having any luck whatsoever. I also think my big panic attack last week really knocked me for six. At this point in time I can't see me getting on the plane - prob end up locked up somewhere while my family jet off on hols. Doesn't help that this is my pmt time which is always a rough week so am guessing everything is out of perspective. Eek! Xxx

CLKD

« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2012, 11:52:06 AM »

How does the anxiety affect you?

changesbabe

« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2012, 01:30:34 PM »

Shaking, trembling, jittery tummy, jittery legs, feel dizzy, feel faint, feel like I am going to die, feel like I am going mad - and that was just this morning! Managed to get out the door tho to meet my ex boss for lunch - am pleased to say the anxiety has lessened a bit now and am chuffed I managed it. We had a mega blether and lovely food so all was good. God I hate it when the anxiety is this high.

Forgot to say - well done to pj for getting away on holiday - sounds like you did an amazing job - you have set the bar high! Xxx

Bette

« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2012, 02:29:57 PM »

Well done you for going out to lunch and enjoying it, H&S.  :congrats: Try to focus on that rather than how you felt this morning. Even as I type that, I'm thinking that's it's so easy to say it but so hard to do.  :-\ I really do understand that.  :bighug:
Bette x

CLKD

« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2012, 08:52:16 PM »

That's what the Psycholgoist used to tell me Bette, remember how you felt on a good day  >:( but it don't work like that  :'(

Botheration  :cuss:

pj44

« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2012, 11:32:46 AM »

Hot@spicy. Thank you. I truely feel for you. Before I went I was having this tickle feeling in my throat and I kept coughing I have that when my anxiety is very bad. Now I have been and come back it has gone. I only went becau se my daughter had told me we were not going on the day that I had told her I thought we were going. Can you take the diazpam that really helped me. And lots of rescue remedy.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13