Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Ladies - please help me  (Read 1884 times)

JoannFran

Ladies - please help me
« on: October 20, 2021, 08:15:09 AM »

Good morning

Can anyone help me please? Ive tested positive for covid (15 year old son got it first). I’m not too bad. Symptoms are manageable. Anyway I was meant to have a Dr’s appt this week to check the moles on my back as I have quite a few. I had a mole removed about 10 years ago by laser (I ‘d had it all my life) and the dermatologist said it was fine and didn’t need biopsy. This week I’ve noticed a sensation/****ling in the area where the mole was removed. It looks like there’s a white area there now, not lumpy but textured.
Now I’m freaking out that the mole was bad and it’s been growing under the surface. I’ve hurt my neck craning to look at it in the mirror.
I’ve postponed the drs appointment until next week but my anxiety is spiralling. I’m actually starting to really dislike myself as I know my health anxiety is out of control but I can’t seem to stop it. Im in a bad place at the moment and getting covid has made everything worse  :'(
I was meant to have a CBT session this week but it’s been postponed for 2 weeks.
Can anyone offer any words of wisdom please? Would I have known about it before now if the mole that was removed 10 years ago was bad?
Please help. Thank you x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ladies - please help me
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 08:32:22 AM »

....... and breath!  It may be that the virus is stimulating nerve endings hence the focus on the operation site.  Sometimes my appendectomy scar itches like fury - removed 14/02/1991.  Sometimes the scar where the breast lump was removed, itches like fury.

If there's a problem under the operation site it's slow growing and 2-3 weeks probably won't matter.  Our skin changes colour as we age. 

How bad do U feel with the Virus?  How was the test performed?  Do U have to isolate?

Roobee

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 08:36:26 AM »

I’m no expert on anxiety, a bloody mess myself.
But could you have a video consult with a doctor and show them the area, just to get a bit of reassurance?
Hope you feel better soon x

Dierdre

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 08:13:55 AM »

I had a mole like growth lasered off years ago from my back and it also left a round white scar that itches like mad sometimes. Try keeping it moisterised, its just dry scar tissue.

Postmeno3

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 08:37:43 AM »

Are they seborrheic warts or "senile" warts? I have tons of those. Sadly, as the lay term suggests, it's an age thing. Apparently, getting them frozen off doesn't stop them from popping up elsewhere. If you can, try to just leave them and apply the out-of-sight-out-of-mind theory till you get them checked which makes sense to put your mind at rest. I'll give you a laugh in relation to your saying you were craning your neck to check on things? I was told to photograph mine! Erm.......
😂