Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Boo!  (Read 5974 times)

jax

Boo!
« on: July 27, 2014, 10:07:38 AM »

Hi Guys... long time no see...
I see Its over a year since I was here :o
Haven't had time to catch up on my MM friends but hope your all doing OK.
As for me...you here about ppl that hit 50 and have some kind of midlife crisis?? well after 17 years in our comfy house we sold up and bought an old pub to renovate  :-X :-\ ??? :o
just got planning passed to make it 2 lovely apartments.
Guess I just haven't had time to be menopausal lol.
i am still on elleste duet 2mg (2 years now 51) and bobbing along but feel like coming off it for a while to see what happens....any opinions, experiences on that would be appreciated ;)
will try drop in on a weekly basis to say hi and try help some newbys. take care all xx

libby1

Re: Boo!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 10:59:25 AM »

Hi Jax

Can't help with HRT advice but well done for your new project  :) How exciting!! Let us know how things go. Have you moved area too?

Libby
x

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 11:30:08 AM »

Hi Jax - Welcome back.

I haven't tried stopping HRT so can't advise there. I suppose the thing is to try it and see how you go. You could always restart again if needed.

Good luck with that and the renovation project.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 12:32:57 PM »

<wave>  how lovely to see Life being breathed back into an old pub., too many stand empty for months whilst new builds happen all around  :cuss: ……… will these be holiday homes or full-timers?  Do remember to take pictures as you go along, put them into frames as it's part of social history and they can be hung in the houses as a reminder  ;)

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 02:57:09 PM »

Hi Jax - nice to see you back and hear what you've been up to.

You are still on HRT - I think that's why you "haven't had time to be menopausal". You are on HRT so you are not really menopausal.  ;D

I stopped HRT due to coming up to 60 and everything changed over the next eight months. No energy. Constant hot sweats. No sleep. Joint pain. Depression. No joy in life.  I'd stick with it if I were you - you are still a youngster - although I guess it wouldn't hurt to try without it as long but make sure that your doc will re-prescribe it if things are not so good.

Taz x  ;D