Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Power Plate  (Read 11426 times)

Jellyb

Power Plate
« on: January 27, 2012, 11:14:36 AM »

Have any of you ladies ever been on a Power Plate in the gym? 

I tried one for the first time yesterday.  I think it's definitely a strange sensation and I will have to get used to it.

Has anyone used one and seen the benefits of doing so?

oldsheep

Re: Power Plate
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 04:00:50 PM »

I have a few exercises on the power plate that the healthwise team recommended for me. They said to start on 30 (lowest intensity) and do 30 secs, then repeat if i want to. I've got used to it now.

Please tell me what tricep dips are as I could use some help with bat/bingo wings  ::)

The ones I mostly do are for legs (squat 'n buzz) and hamstrings (hold on, with legs straight and bum out as far as you can off the plate).
I also do the glutes one but am a bit concerned about the female bits getting a bit buzzed!

Bette

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 04:28:40 PM »

I have no idea what a Power Plate is but I'm really enjoying reading these posts and letting my imagination run riot!  :o :vibe: ;D
Bette x

JustRenee

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 04:30:33 PM »

I tried a Power Plate once but stopped immediately as it felt as if my uterus was going to fall out! Have not ventured near one since my hysterectomy, dead scared that my stitched up bits will jiggle loose! So sorry Jellyb, not much help am I?!

Jellyb

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 04:48:50 PM »

Thanks ladies,

I have to say it was such a strange sensation when it first started.  But I really ache today so I know that it must have done something!

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 10:27:25 PM »

We have talked about this before. Firewalker was going to Powerplate classes and I also found this http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7231.msg121272.html#msg121272

If you put Power Plate into the blue search box it brings up all the posts.

Taz x

oldsheep

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 06:43:07 PM »

Ooh Jaycee that's a tough one  :D 
Don't your hands vibrate a lot when you use the power plate though?

Last time I used it, I sang along to my iPod and enjoyed the funny looks from those there. I can't sing well anyhow but voice going waaaaaaaa vibratey was quite fun  ;D

oldsheep

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 03:27:52 PM »

there's a chart next to ours too but I can't work it out  ;D

oldsheep

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 01:19:44 PM »

will have to try that one  :D

they have placed the PP in the corner so there's only room to the back and one side of it. Plus you have to go half way across ye anciente victorian leisure centre to find a step to lie on if you want to massage your hammies. Mine are always sore.
I've not noticed any improvement as yet. Perhaps my fibro/M.E is a bit too much for a buzzer like the PP?
I did some bum squeezy exercises/stretches (not anywhere except in my over 50s wimmin only class  :D) where you lie on the floor, knees bent and you raise up your bum and arch your back and then pulse  - blimey it hurt like hell, but afterwards I had about 4 hours with no leg pain at all  :ola:  (like that emoticon)

oldsheep

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 10:32:25 AM »

they do Pilates but only in the evenings so no good for me. I wish they did a pilates class for over 50s but the cutbacks mean there are only 1/4 as many day time classes as there were in 2010. Even my Healthwise membership funding has only 1 year left on it.  :'(

Spoke too soon as tried the self same exercise at home on a mat and not only v painful during it but the leg pain's back again. Class must have the magic touch. Some of the women got resentful at me ("what are you doing here? We're all so much older than you") so I had to explain I have muscle problems. I hate having to do that. One or 2 of them are very nice though.

oldsheep

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 02:14:32 PM »

thanks Jaycee. Those sound interesting and I'll have a go later on.
I did do a little warm up yesterday first; maybe the benefit with the pain is just not going to happen every time.
Def the lower back and glutes referring down my legs though but it's been like that for 23+ years now, so even a few hours' relief is great.
The PP didn't help it though, which was disappointing

Elena

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 03:25:29 PM »

Does anyone know why the link to Firewalker's Power Plate posts isnt working now?

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 11:18:29 PM »

Which link?

taz

Elena

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 06:43:53 PM »

The one on your post of 27th Jan

Taz2

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 07:41:49 PM »

Maybe it has a commercial aspect? A shop or buy now facility?

Taz x
Pages: [1] 2