Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 79

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 899727 times)

dando

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #405 on: June 13, 2010, 05:50:35 PM »

Hi all, havent' been on here for while. I'm still using the Ovestin cream x 3 a week (recommended is 2 but if I go down to 2 I don't think it does any good).  Having penetrative sex isn't an issue for me since I don't have a partner but at least with the Ovestin I can achieve an orgasm.  I'd bet I still have the sandpaper vagina tho, if I tried sex!  I got a 'message' with my last prescription that the GP wanted to speak to me before he'd give me another script so I imagine he's wondering how I'm doing and whether I need a break.  I think I might swap to Vagifem for a while.  No doubt about it, without some form of topical oestrogen, orgasam is a thing of the past and I also notice a bit of itching and wanting to go to the loo a bit more often.  I continue to hate the meno - mainly cos its robbed me of my sexual being and no one warned me.  Grrrrrr >:(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #406 on: June 13, 2010, 05:52:11 PM »

Nipping in here to say KY jelly helps Hubby and I - and if I'm itchy down there he gently applies some, it's soothing and keeps the area supple

rebecca

« Reply #407 on: June 13, 2010, 10:35:32 PM »

Glad KY jelly works for you CLKD - it stings like hell hours for me after I have had my smear done  :( >:(
I must be so sensitive down there ::)

Rebecca

wee rascal

« Reply #408 on: June 13, 2010, 10:41:10 PM »

I can't use KY either....nasty stuff for me!
Extra virgin coconut oil for me...I swear by it  :)

Catherine x

rebecca

« Reply #409 on: June 13, 2010, 10:55:38 PM »

Catherine - where do you buy coconut oil from? How do you apply it?

Hope you don't mind the inquiry!
I ordered some Vitamin E capsules from the US on Ebay but they got lost in the post ::)

Rebecca

rebecca

« Reply #410 on: June 14, 2010, 07:56:25 AM »

Catherine

I notice that it says to use it on the 'outside' of the body. Do you think it is safe to use internally?

Rebecca

wee rascal

« Reply #411 on: June 14, 2010, 09:24:24 AM »

Catherine

I notice that it says to use it on the 'outside' of the body. Do you think it is safe to use internally?

Rebecca

I use it internally...and many many others do the same. It's just not branded as a sexual lubricant...or it would probably be a lot more expensive. If you Google "Coconut oil as sexual lubricant" you'll come across lots of folks on other forums and such who use it for this purpose. It's a 100% natural product with no sugars that would cause problems inside. I've been using it for the last year actually. If it wasn't for the vaginal atrophy that I have...it would be unecessary for me to use estrogen. In the past I was plagued with bouts of thrush and bacterial vaginosis even....but i've never had a single problem since I started using this stuff. It actively discourages thrush and has antifungal, antioxidant and antibacterial properties.

I cant use any kind of glycerin based lube as it causes me thrush...like KY and stuff like that. The water based ones have no real staying power and have to keep applying them. Silicon based ones usually have additives that cause me probs also. This stuff has really been a godsend and to be honest, having fun applying it to both of us really adds to the whole foreplay experience for us.

I can only talk of my personal experience....but there are loads of other folks on t'internet who've found that it helps them too.

Catherine x

Cupcake

« Reply #412 on: June 30, 2010, 06:12:42 PM »

I found a lubricant called Super Slik on ebay ( google lubricants) It's far superior to K-Y , not watery and you use far less, plus it's far cheaper even with postage.

sonia11

« Reply #413 on: July 08, 2010, 08:36:39 PM »

Hi Dr heather

Ive been having problems for 7 years now since having my hysterectomy and nothing seems to have worked with me tried everything creams you name it.my skin well shell I say skin for what Ive got left of it thining of the skin.The skin tonight was really bleeding and so sore I just felt like crying.Ive bought sylk and its really good for the ph balance.but tonight Ive had a big flare up was so itchy and I can.t scratch it cos my skin is so thin it will bleed.

sonia

Taz2

« Reply #414 on: July 10, 2010, 08:39:31 AM »

Hi Sonia - I think that a lot of us on here have found that HRT is the only answer for the dryness you describe. I know you have tried it a couple of times before but how long did you give it? There are lots of different ones to try. I have friends on HRT who have lost weight and others who have gained weight. I have gained a stone over the past couple of years since being on HRT but, looking at friends who are not on HRT and have also changed shape and weight like me, I have decided that I would have ended up heavier anyway. I am a lot like my mum in shape and weight when she was my age (56).

It sounds as if the vaginal atrophy is causing  you a lot of misery - I would say reconsider your HRT decision - if your GP is willing to prescribe it.

Taz  :hug:

Suzi Q

« Reply #415 on: July 14, 2010, 07:12:58 AM »

HI Sonia
Id say useing Vagifem it took 21 days of every day (my doc said 21 as i was so bad)
Then every other day for 2 weeks then the normal regime Id say it took 3 months before SEXXXXXXXXXXXX yipppeeee
Its still a bit hard to enter but after that its more or less the same as it used to be
I dont know if its the Vagifem or if the Vagifems made me work inside and to be honest I dont bloody care
For me its worked and thats all that matters BUT I keep adding and I will always do
Vagifem isnt a cure it helps ease the symptoms some ladies say it helps with loads of other things but fanny is still dry?
This is a situation Id be back to GP saying OK feel better etc but still dry see whats out there
I only use Vagifem nothing else no pills no gells Im now 57 Id be coming off HRT now if Id gone over normal time chat read OK :D

ferry

« Reply #416 on: July 14, 2010, 02:41:18 PM »

Plenty of saliva! The bestcure!

Taz2

« Reply #417 on: July 15, 2010, 05:58:22 PM »

Hi ferry - welcome to the forum  :)

I think that plenty of saliva would be a wonderful cure if it worked. We are not talking about just dryness though. Vaginal dryness caused by lack of oestrogen leads to shrinkage of the vaginal walls and so to splitting of the skin. It is extremely painful and makes sex impossible - not just sex but even walking can cause bleeding and great pain. It also affects the bladder and especially the urethra. The surprising thing is... you don't really hear anything about this part of meno until you start suffering from it.  :(

It is nice to meet you though - where are you on the meno journey?

Taz x  :)

catweazle

« Reply #418 on: July 18, 2010, 03:07:05 PM »

Taz is right. When your skin becomes so thin and fragile that it splits and bleeds when you simply wash it then I'm afraid no amount of saliva will help.
I had no idea that this would happen in meno. Thank God for Ovestin cream!
Welcome to the forum by the way  :welcomemm:

Catweazle x

Bette

« Reply #419 on: July 20, 2010, 10:22:15 AM »

Hope the Vagifem works, larkrise but great that you're talking about the problem. And you're right, there are lots of other ways to make love - we often use other "methods" (and always have) and it's great  ;D
Bixby x
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 79