Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 79

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 899498 times)

Crescent

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #510 on: March 25, 2011, 09:07:33 AM »

How come you know so much about Stewart Granger's lou lou, Suzi  ;D
And you do realise that a lot of people on here are probably too young to have any idea who he was  :o

Suzi Q

« Reply #511 on: March 25, 2011, 01:35:09 PM »

ahahahahahahahah
ive a grin the size of the mersey tunnel reading your posts
Bobbles said to say HE DID I TELL HIM hehehehe that he has a distiguished LOU LOU
The Stewart Granger willys grey haired like he was bloody Nora its a liverpool thing hehehehehe
TOOOO YOUNG dont any of you watch old time TV and IM only 57 in June not that ancient
57 hells bells talk  James Blunt singing Simona I will always be with you in a club in 1973 singing here we go again
Do any of you feel sad sometimes when you hear that cos I do me in my wedge heels Bobbles 6/7inches in his high heel shoes
36inch bottom pants (Oxford) life in front nothing seemed impossible where did it go?
\Big hugs Suzi Q xxxxxxxxxxxx

Taz2

« Reply #512 on: March 27, 2011, 07:46:47 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWeqeQkjLto    Haven't heard this before.

Isithotinhere

« Reply #513 on: March 27, 2011, 06:37:40 PM »

You have got a brilliant attitude Suzy-you should be on commission for Vagifem! I'm still dithering a bit but might make appointment at docs just to talk it over. The thing is my hubby works away so I wouldn't need it all the time. How would I work that out?

Taz2

« Reply #514 on: March 27, 2011, 06:43:25 PM »

It's not something that you stop and start Isithotinhere. If you are dry during sex then you will need to use it all the time as, if you leave things as they are, over time you can begin to get more vaginal symptoms such as soreness, bladder infections etc even though you may not be having intercourse.  It doesn't work as a lubricant but plumps up the vaginal tissues from the inside. It gradually strengthens the tissues again so all is nice and healthy.

Taz x

Isithotinhere

« Reply #515 on: March 27, 2011, 10:08:45 PM »

Hi Taz-it does sound wonderful I must admit. I'm already starting to have some other symptoms though thankfully not as bad as some people, but bad enough for me to want to do something about it. I've read that it may cause weight gain - has anyone noticed that at all?

Suzi Q

« Reply #516 on: March 27, 2011, 11:30:15 PM »

yes it can Ive gone from 10 to 14 as Im omly 5/2 hmmm
But so bloody what 14 isnt FAT and to have that F pain gone so what
20 is fat but 14 is the UK and First world norm
Mind took me a bit to accept no more size 10
Vanity Vanity all is Vanity xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

borchesterlass

« Reply #517 on: March 28, 2011, 08:20:56 AM »

I too was reluctant to venture down the HRT route. Before commencing Vagifem my quality of life was very frustrating. I was getting up to wee more than once a night, couldn't walk the dog for any decent length of time because of soreness, tennis and aerobics were also  problamatic. i now feel I can do all these things without any discomfort. I had my last period at 45 and didn't know any of this vaginal atrophy stuff. Am now 55 and have been on vagifem for a year non stop. Things are feeling pretty good now and am even sleeping through the night. Might even venture down the sex route soon as well!

Isithotinhere

« Reply #518 on: March 28, 2011, 10:34:08 AM »

Size 10 to 14? I have always struggled with my weight and now it's even harder. I'm a 16 so if I gained as much as you Suzy I would be a 20!!!
I find that if I use a lubricant daily I feel OK down there. I do get up loads in the night for a wee but (and I know this prob sounds daft) I don't think it's bladder related. It's more that I wake up sweating then feel like a could go to the loo. I don't have pain on walking (yet  :o ) so my main probs are dryness/sex, and the scary fact that my f*nny looks like it's been on the Atkins diet! Weird!!

Suzi Q

« Reply #519 on: March 28, 2011, 10:43:39 AM »

Sorry love the bladders iffy cos lack of hormones that it relies on to keep the bladder healthy and suple
Taz can explain it better than me but the hormones keep the bladder strong wee wee wise as soon as it looses  hormones
it it becomes weak and you need to go all the time with in a couple of months on Vagifem all that stopped normal wee wee once again
Not everyone puts on weight with HRT Vagi or Ovestin I didnt on Ovestin I lost weight I went down to an 8
Ijm not working much anymore I think thats played a part I dont eat much of anything foods never bothered me
Sex dryness HRT cream required Fanny shrivels  thorugh lack of hormones get them in and youd be amazed how pink and plump it goes
OK never like it used to and if like me your a bit vanishing down there then it cant make it re grow but sex for most is 95% normal xxx

Isithotinhere

« Reply #520 on: March 28, 2011, 05:39:39 PM »

You are all so persuasive! It must be good as you're all so positive but I can't help being a bit scared  :-\ I seem to be at a higher risk of breast cancer and would hate to think I developed it just cos of wanting a moist f*nny!!

Taz2

« Reply #521 on: March 28, 2011, 06:04:50 PM »

That's because you haven't got to the stage of needing a continuous antibiotic to stop the recurring bladder infections! It may not happen to you of course but I was on antibiotics every night for a year to stop them.

It is scary to think of the risk of breast cancer but, if you drink alcohol, then if you do begin Vagifem you can keep your risk lower by giving up the alcohol. Alcohol is one of the known risk factors of breast cancer. My doc suggested that I should give up my evening glass of wine when I started HRT if I wanted to lessen my risk but I do enjoy my tipple.

Taz x

Isithotinhere

« Reply #522 on: March 28, 2011, 08:52:04 PM »

Yes Taz I did know about alcohol...have you actually given up then? Crikey, life's not going to be worth living soon. My friends think I'm exaggerating when I tell them how crap the menopause is and I'm not even as bad as some people on here...plus I haven't even mentioned the dreaded dry f*nny syndrome to them  :-X

Taz2

« Reply #523 on: March 28, 2011, 08:54:02 PM »

No I haven't given up. I only have a glass (sometimes two) of wine so I am sticking with that. I have lost friends to cancer recently and none of them were on HRT and two of them led really healthy, alcohol-free lives.

Taz x

Isithotinhere

« Reply #524 on: March 28, 2011, 09:18:20 PM »

It's a worry isn't it? Linda McCartney was probably the most famous veggie ever and breast cancer claimed her life. I think it's all down to good fortune, but at the same time I don't want to push my luck so am trying to ease up and just drink at weekends.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 79