Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 79

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 899683 times)

annied

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #435 on: August 01, 2010, 08:49:25 PM »

HiNightowl
with regard to your last post, where did you get the vitamin E pessaries from. My vaginal dryness has suddenly got worse. HRT doesnt make any difference and I'm using YES lubricant but I'm getting fed up of having to stop TWICE during sex to relub :-\
I was looking for something that was non toxic and fairly natural and saw your post and liked the idea of the pessaries. i'll probably have to see the GP for some vaginal oestrogen but found last time that it took a very long time to work and now the situation is worse than ever  :'(. Hell you have to laugh or you'd cry
Thanks
Anne aka john wayne  ;D

ann123

« Reply #436 on: August 02, 2010, 07:50:40 AM »

Hi Larkrise
I use twice a week, have been for over a year, in my experience it has been really good. Sometimes I still use lube but not always.
Hope it works ok for you
Ann

Eddie

« Reply #437 on: August 02, 2010, 08:48:39 AM »

I've been using this vagifem every day now for two weeks, and i'm jusy going to start the twice weekly routine, like you lark i'm hoping i don't start going downhill now. I'm not convinced all symptoms are better yet, still need time prob. Eddie

Taz2

« Reply #438 on: August 02, 2010, 11:26:15 AM »

It's ok larkrise you don't have to worry about any absorption of oestrogen from the vagifem. They dissolve straight into your tissue. I cleared this with my Doc, my gynae and also the menoclinic.

Taz x

Eddie

« Reply #439 on: August 02, 2010, 11:39:17 AM »

I've never bought condoms. EVER.  :D

Suzi Q

« Reply #440 on: August 02, 2010, 12:09:56 PM »

Dont worry Lark
I did the same thing you should have seen my Bobbles face :-\ >:(
Not a happy Camper OK so I was wrong I later found out :-*
It says somewhere to wait 12 after insertion for Oral sex HMMMMMM
So I just recon same goes for every day whoopity doo
Mine did fall out one time I put it in and a few moments later went for a weee and I saw it in the pan
So I now make sure I dont weeeee for at least a couple of hours
Vagifem is working sex is almost pain free its just after its a bit sore for an hour or 5
Even then its not every time but its taken since February mind I was BAD
Suzi Q

Crescent

« Reply #441 on: August 02, 2010, 03:53:37 PM »

Hi Pammie,

Think some people do find Vagifem a help with bladder frequency etc.  Can't say I have noticed much difference but I went on Vagifem following problems with cystitis, so at the same time I increased the amount of water etc I drink in a day so it isn't really a good test.
I do have stress/urge  incontinence problems (oh the joys of being anonymous :) ) so do sympathise.

Taz2

« Reply #442 on: August 02, 2010, 04:01:10 PM »

Hi Pammie - have you had a look at the "bladder matters" section in the green menu on the left of the screen. There may be some info there.

Taz  :welcomemm:

Crescent

« Reply #443 on: August 02, 2010, 06:20:36 PM »

There you go, Pammie, Larkrise seems to be seeing some improvement so it obviously does have an effect.   It is reckoned that 6 - 8 times a day going to the loo is 'normal' apparently.   I average 8 or 9.

Referring back to the pelvic floor subject, I went to see a physio about mine and apparently it's pretty good.  She said she scores from 1 - 5, with 1 being bad, 5 excellent and mine was a 4!   I was amazed as had assumed it was rubbish hence my problem.

Eddie

« Reply #444 on: August 02, 2010, 06:27:21 PM »

Crescent, How did physio score your pelvic floor? Eddie

Taz2

« Reply #445 on: August 02, 2010, 07:14:45 PM »

Mine was a 4 when I started seeing the continence advisory clinic and we got it up to a 5 by the time I finished. However, I still have stress incontinence as this is due to a weak bladder neck and no amount of pelvic floor exercises will solve the problem. I do find though that if I am about to sneeze then I can really pull up the bladder and stop the leakage.

I got my score by being connected up to a computer which shows how strong your muscles are when you pull the pelvic floor up. I really enjoyed watching the screen  ;D

Taz x

viv

« Reply #446 on: August 02, 2010, 07:51:09 PM »

Is there a probe involved  ;)

Dont see how it could work otherwise.

Viv
x

Crescent

« Reply #447 on: August 02, 2010, 08:34:26 PM »

Mine wasn't scored as technically as Taz's :)    She just did an internal and got me to tighten my pelvic floor in different positions and then I guess just gave the score based on her experience.  She's been doing the job a long time.
Well done on getting it up to 5, Taz.  I'm supposed to be doing pelvic floor exercises 4 times a day standing up and I find it incredibly hard and also forget  ::)

Eddie

« Reply #448 on: August 02, 2010, 08:54:07 PM »

Was it a referral for bladder weakness?

viv

« Reply #449 on: August 02, 2010, 09:32:59 PM »

I am 3 days in with the Vagifem and feeling a bit less sore.
Has anyone else found they have a bit of a white discharge when the are using them?
I think I am putting them in far enough, any higher and they would be coming out my nose.

Viv
x
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 79