Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 79

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 899722 times)

Crescent

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #375 on: April 11, 2010, 08:49:15 AM »

I never know quite how to count being post meno, I came off HRT 10 years ago, so is that when I start being post?
Sorry it's still happening, Suzi, know just what you mean about clitoris area.  On Friday mine was aching and burning there, then Sat it went off, wish I could find a reason for what triggers it but don't think that's possible.
I'm still counting the days till I go back on Vagifem :)  Two weeks next Tuesday!

Suzi Q

« Reply #376 on: April 11, 2010, 09:45:37 AM »

Taz hiiiii maybe bike could OK cant spell this word but work with me acacabate it???? I know you know what I mean
I have a size larger than I need and a stretch ones they are falling off me they are Kevalr proper Bikers jeans in case you fall off!

Cres Post meno is after the 2 years with out a period my last ever one after 5 years on and off was Aug 1994
So by Aug 1996 I was oficialy post meno I had started taking HRT cream early 95 I was so dry and Id go months with out a period
I took the mini pill and the HRT cream had no problems at all I was Ok till Feb 2008 when I got a terrible itch it went away 2/3 wks
May 2008 got a urine infectuion and Thrush went away after 6 weeks or so Then  it started in earnest September 2008
The burning every single day the opening was terrible I felt like I was sitting on marbles and the swelling was horrific
I went back and forth to Doctors who said I have this that and the other I felt like death but I kept working I think that saved me
Nov 2009 I stopped mini pill and Hrt cream and was 85% fine till Feb when finly I gave in and went to My old GP he put me on Vagifem
I had btests the lot have just had them redon again on Friday
Thats what my clitoras does and the inner part of the outer labia its soreish and burny but the vaginas TOUCH WOOD FINE
Yesterday it was Ok today Shite ao although Im sorry you have it Im glad its not just me I dont know either
Some days I think its drink BUT I only drink Friday and Sat nights and only sparkly
Then it might happen on a Wednesday ive not had a drink? I think it just happens
Im very tempted to put a vagi in tonight but I wont cos Taz might come and get me hehehehe SHE MAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
Sweetie if I could Id send them to you it will soon be over but next time you get them print out sheet I kow my GP may not be the best in the world But are all the ladies i know Ozzie GPs wrong cos none have been told to stop
Im hoping new 10micro will be out soon cos when it does I will ask if I can have both on the other hand though I dont want cancer
BUT on the other hand the life I lead from Feb 2008 till 15th Feb was no life not really I was just existing Cuddles to you both xxx

Crescent

« Reply #377 on: April 11, 2010, 03:54:21 PM »

Two years after last period, do you know I can't remember when that was!   I think because at that time I was feeling pretty much ok, not brilliant, hot flushes etc but not enough to slow me down much, so I didn't really keep a note of timings.  And of course the 9 yrs I was on HRT must change things I guess.  That was from when I was 45 until 54 and I felt pretty good during that time.  My real problems have only been the fainting attacks which were between 44 and 45, and then the UTIs and vaginal atrophy which didn't happen until I was 60.   I did have headaches and tiredness etc but nothing too dramatic.  I should have taken notes!   ;D

Suzi Q

« Reply #378 on: April 12, 2010, 06:19:24 AM »

I go back to the last normal period Dec 16th 1987 I was 35
Next one was Feb 1988 reason I remember was I thought I was pregnant
From then onwards period went weird i had no pre meno symptoms at all none
Except for the dizzies which they treated and looked for a brain tumour and ended up saying Meniers
No one checked my blood for hormones that was Easter 1989 I blame knowone for that
I had bad moods more than normal   I knew by 1991 that I was pre meno and was having flushes and a few aches
I just lived with it never went to the Doctors Aug 1994 the last time I saw a period I know this as I was in UK at my brothers
December 1995 i was a wreck reason I remember was I was at my neices wedding and Bobbles and my marriage was going south
My Vagina was dry I was almost physicaly violent in my tempers had headaches and was terribly depressed my Mum died too
I was put on Orthogy and the mini pill a couple of years later I changed to Ovestin and stayed with the pair of them till last November
So I was told to count myself as postmenopausal when Id seen no period for 2 years that was Aug 1996 so 16years next December
My real AV vag dryness didnt start till late 2008 so I dont think there is a time limit
Im dont know if taking the HRT cream in 1995 made any diff to timings or delays or symptoms
But I do know on Vagifem I have had HOT FLUSHES it says thats a side to them though?
I  have a record Cres cos Ive kept a Diary for 25 years one thing I was good at in school and outside was DATES ergo HIstory xxx

« Reply #379 on: April 19, 2010, 07:27:24 PM »

I tried Replens once OMG I had to go to the doctor.  She said it looked like I had grown a mattress inside me, it had gone solid and was coming out in lumps (sorry if that was a bit too much information).  Never again.

Tried Vagifem but for some reason they irritated my bladder so bad I stopped using them.

I use KY Jelly but this is only a instant fix.

endoftether

« Reply #380 on: April 27, 2010, 07:31:05 AM »

Ah Sticky, know that feeling. Wish I had read this last night prior to using a free sample of replens. Sheesh. Minging stuff isn't it. KY for me I think.

Suzi Q

« Reply #381 on: May 10, 2010, 05:04:27 AM »

Well nearly 3 months of Vagifem and have to say its improved dramaticaly beyond a shadow of dought but its not gone
I look back now and wonder how I coped all I know is this site ;listened gave me help and courage
Taz made me realise that my bits shrinking wasnt abnormal and GP said the same they still are even with Vagifem!
My days though are so much different though one thing is a bit scarey
Im not dry Im wet a s anything now but we made love 2 weeks ago and I paid for it for  3 days sore uncomfy slight burning
Yet when we did it it didnt hurt it was about 2 hours later then the irittation across the lower abdomen as if it had stired it all up
No blood no funny smell or discolouration it just ached and was sore so Im a bit scared to do it again in case it happens
But I have to cant go with out lovemaking so I will have to try next Sunday late in the arvo Vagi is in tonight (mon then again Fri)
Suzi Q :( :(

Crescent

« Reply #382 on: May 10, 2010, 11:58:07 AM »

well good that the Vagifem is still helping a lot, Suzi.  good luck with the lovemaking :)   

Suzi Q

« Reply #383 on: May 10, 2010, 12:05:58 PM »

Thanks got to give it a try
Who would have thought though the idea of lovemaking could ever become scarey
Sad or what?
Suzi Q :'(

Taz2

« Reply #384 on: May 10, 2010, 12:09:11 PM »

Suzi - I know that I have said this before and I am repeating myself - so a big sorry in advance! Are you sure that you haven't got a mild prolapse as well as the AV? It's just that your description of being sore and uncomfy across the tummy is just what it feels like when you have got a prolapse. Just think of what actually happens when you make love. The part of you that is falling into the vagina is getting banged and pushed around - it's bound to feel bruised afterwards.

Taz x  :stretcher:

Suzi Q

« Reply #385 on: May 11, 2010, 08:58:07 AM »

Doctor says NO so what do you do?
I dont pee urgent anymore with Vagi I dont feel pressure anymore with Vagi
Except for the Vanishing bits and boy are the bloody vanishing
The slight soreness I get most mornings when I wee wee
the white type stuff over my clitoras (whats left that seems to be vanishing too?)
I feel fine Im walking 3klm a day my fanny is almost 100% every day now its never perfect
I also get the odd day when I want to wee wee a lot and dont get much in the way of relief
Other than that Im so much better a thousand times better than February
Maybe I do have one and its very high up but Ive read on other sites with AV sex does seem to irittate the insides
The walls now are paper thin so it stands to reason a big Lou Lou coming in going in and out will rub and cause sorness
Still Im a bit scared I want to do it to 1 get it over with and 2 see if it hurts GOD PLEASE let it not
Suzi Q

Crescent

« Reply #386 on: May 11, 2010, 02:16:47 PM »

Like the word 'Lou Lou', haven't heard that one before ;D

Suzi Q

« Reply #387 on: May 12, 2010, 11:57:35 PM »

Lou Lou for boys ;)
Dickey do da for girls :)
Much nice than PENIS AND VAGINA :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Suzi Q ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

RoneyC

« Reply #388 on: May 19, 2010, 05:21:37 PM »

Hi Dr Currie

I am a newbie and I am so excited about finding this site.  I have been told I have AV and have been prescribed Vagifem but I am too scared to take it as I have heard so many stories about HRT and also what I have read about it and thought I had managed to escape taking it in any form.    My period stopped when I was 50 (I am now 56) and since then I have felt fine.  I tried to speak to my Doc about the Vagifem but he was pushed for time and I feel I am in limbo.  I have been using Replens since I started feeling dry and this has usually helped but lately I have been suffering from thrush and having sex is an ordeal at present (1) because of the thrush and (2) because of the medication my husband is receiving his erection just goes floppy suddenly and this also causes me pain as instead of stopping he tries to continue.  I am afraid I could just give up sex altogether and feel so confused as now my husband feels it is my fault.  HELP!!

Suzi Q

« Reply #389 on: May 20, 2010, 07:55:32 AM »

Hi Roney
Its not your fault if your husbands Lou Lou deflates he evidently has a condition if hes taking medication
Men too as they get older dont have as hard an erection and pardon this please but they dont seem to dribble semen either :'(
Remember a few years back when they be dribbling before sex Ive asked a few lady pals and they concur so they get dry too >:(
As for AV and vagifem I can only tell you my experiance the pain dryness sore ache feeling of being punched down there :'(
Stinging wanting to we we all the time and I was on HRT cream Ovestin and the mini pills I went premeno at 36/37 end 43  :'(now56/57
After suffering for 18mnths in Februaruy I finaly went to my old GP and the kickers came off I said please LOOK he did :o
He wouldnt even give me an internal mind I think id a killed him hehehe >:(
Anyway 3mnths down the track all I can say is im a 100000000 times better than I was I still have the odd days
No burning or soreness though just a general outer vaginal ache and want to wee wee more than normal
The Vagifem I can honestly say helped with in 10 mins of the first aplicator but I was very bad severe in fact
Only you though can decide whats right for you I couldnt take HRT pills family histrory of heart problems
Good luck and really what have you to loose? :-\
Suzi Q ;)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 79