Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 79

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 899723 times)

Suzi Q

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #360 on: April 09, 2010, 06:11:50 AM »

I read that on USA sites I think though Im not certain they use it
Cos HRT is so exy over there
But I suppose your will to try anything EXCEPT ME
Ive just looked I have a script for 1 and 2 rpts so 3x15!!!!!
Ive also got about 10 in a box
I have gone (mostly cos of TAZ) since Tuesday with out Vagifem and to be fair feel fine today
Maybe I was overdosing cos the last couple of days have been iffy
So I will put one in tonight which is the right dosage
Hugs Taz as ever Suzi Q :D

Taz2

« Reply #361 on: April 09, 2010, 06:43:21 AM »

Thanks for the hugs Suzi - was just worried about the oestogen bit as I know you have family history which stops you using full HRT.

Hope you have a good evening!

Taz x

Crescent

« Reply #362 on: April 09, 2010, 07:11:08 AM »

Glad you're managing with the Vagifem ok, Suzi.  And well done on being a brave girl with the blood tests, fingers crossed :)
I'm considering getting a supply of the Vit E supps for the times I'm off the Vagifem. 
Take care

Suzi Q

« Reply #363 on: April 09, 2010, 11:55:32 AM »

XXXX to Taz the constant consience (wrong sorry)
I just out it in and it glided in no problems so thank you yuor! (see my words back to front Bobbles just saw it)stiff talking made me wait and try to use it at the proper dose and it was OK
I do worry about the fam history I try not too but its theres buggar all more I can do could be worse I spose (I meant that) heheheh
HI Cres
Yes I was chuffed with little old 5/2 me today but bloody hell she took loads FBE and rpt Col and a heart thingy
All I bloody need now is next Saturday to be told something wrong with heart know what it wouldnt shock me either ahhhhhh
If your using that vit e sup go on a site USA one for Vulvodina just type in that so many ladies on there use VitE in the Vagina
Dont know if Id be brave enough myself but if I had to go back to how I felt nearly 8 weeks ago now i think Id top myself(not really)
Cant you rub whats left ofg the Ovestin down there at the opening? It will seep in a bit?
I dont understand my GP has given me in effectr 3x15? Why is uk so different and Ozz is not renowned for helping women at all?
Im thinking of you fingers crossed you feel betterish with it YES I mean to say bettererish hehehehe hugs to you both Suzi Q xxx

Crescent

« Reply #364 on: April 09, 2010, 01:11:10 PM »

funny you should say that about the Ovestin, Suzi, did that last night as it is very sore round the urethra and labia at the moment and it's only 10 days gone of my four weeks!
Won't get to try the Vit E things this month as will have to order them but think I might get some just to keep in case for the next time I have to have a break.  Yes I got given 3 pks of the Vagifem so do have some in the drawer but if I use them then I'll run out before my repeat runs out if you see what I mean as she (the gp) knows how many she's given me and for how long.
Am going to email Vagifem (as Taz suggested) today and see what if any reply I get on the continuous use thing.
have a good weekend - I've just spent all morning at a playground with the grandson so I'm pooped already ;D

Crescent

« Reply #365 on: April 09, 2010, 06:32:25 PM »

well been trying to email Vagifem for advice on continuous use of the pessaries but can't get the form to work.  It won't accept it without a valid US zip code and valid US phone number!    Tried doing what I've managed to do before just putting the right number only zeros in but no go.  Very frustrated!

mimi la chance

« Reply #366 on: April 09, 2010, 07:02:19 PM »

well been trying to email Vagifem for advice on continuous use of the pessaries but can't get the form to work.  It won't accept it without a valid US zip code and valid US phone number!    Tried doing what I've managed to do before just putting the right number only zeros in but no go.  Very frustrated!

Anybody else that  has sucessfully emailed them that could forward their reply to you?

Taz2

« Reply #367 on: April 09, 2010, 08:23:40 PM »

This is the information from the News section under the green menu http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/newsitem.php?recordID=83   Does it help or had you already read it?

Taz x

Crescent

« Reply #368 on: April 09, 2010, 09:00:34 PM »

Thanks Taz, yes had read that and that is what I printed out to take to the doctors.
I think she interprets that statement as meaning that Vagifem can now be prescribed long term and not just for three months in total,  but not as meaning that it can be prescribed continuously long term, but still with breaks.  Hope that makes sense?

Taz2

« Reply #369 on: April 09, 2010, 09:05:50 PM »

Oh right - now I understand!! I can see your problem. Having re-read it I can see that it could be interpreted in this way.Have you read this from the manufacturers of vagifem http://www.vagifem.com/pdf/Vagifem-PI-November09-Patient.pdf   It seems to only say that you need to talk to your provider every three or six months as to whether you still need it. Sorry if this has already been covered!

Taz x

rebecca

« Reply #370 on: April 10, 2010, 01:33:53 PM »

Night Owl - Thankks for the info about the Carlson Vitamin E suppositories.
I googled them and found that most suppliers won't send them to the UK.

However, RESULT found this link on ebay for any other ladies that may be interested in trying them: 

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vitamin-E-Suppositories-12-supp-by-Carlson-Labs_W0QQitemZ360205584696QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53dded0938#shId

Just ordered them and they are sending them to the UK for $8.99.
For the tablets and shipping - cost: £10.45 

As I have VA, I will let everyone know gow I got on with them.

Rebecca  ;)

Crescent

« Reply #371 on: April 10, 2010, 03:11:48 PM »

Yes Taz, I did look at that PDF and thought the same thing about the 3/6 months - I'm just a bit fed up with having to keep on trying to get the doctor to see it my way!  Thanks for your input :)
Be interested to see how you get on with Vit E supps, Rebecca.

Suzi Q

« Reply #372 on: April 11, 2010, 07:08:49 AM »

Hi Ladies
they dont work all the time not for me and Ive looked on a few USA sites and it seem to be quite common
They work for the first 3/4 weeks almost instantly then you get good days and not so good days
So far Ive never had the horrific burning and dryness back the bladder problems quite weird
I go for a couple of days going what ppears to be normal
I will get a day like Thursday when all I wanted to do was wee like going back 8 weeks cos it was 8 weeks tonight I used the first one
Im also finding in the last week or so that the day after I use the vagifem its a bit achey down there and it leaks a bit
By the evening its fine then Ok next day then the 3rd day it starts to ache again and I cant describle it like a scratch
Ive gone back to using it every 3rd night and its Ok dont think its as good as those first few weeks though
Theres no pressure feeling anymore thats gone the burning wee gone but Im aware of my nether regions all the time
Thers always a little feeling even if its just a tiny tingle and my genitals well lets just say they are almost totaly shrunk now
I look so ugly down there not atractive in anyway shape or form Vagifem has allwed me to live a normal life again even have sex
But AV or VA will never ever go this is it but beleive me when I say im 10.000 % better than I was on Sunday Feb 14th Suzi Q :-*

Suzi Q

« Reply #373 on: April 11, 2010, 07:14:50 AM »

BUT ITS NOT GONE ITS STILL HERE
MY CLITORAS IS BURNING TODAY AND SORE WHY?
IVE been on a USA site and some of those poor wpmen test after test Gyny after Gyny
To be told AV and nothing some women sound so bad even at my worst days I still went to work
These ladies go back to bed most cant get Vagi the HMO they have Estrance seem to be USA prefered and god help you if its no good
But Id really hate anyone to think that being On Vagifem for me a 15 yr post meno and 2 yrs untreated AV has cured it cos it hasnt
Its not a brilliant day today yet I still rode the bike from 8am/2.30pm couldnt have done that 8 weeks ago but my fanny was sore!
Suzi Q

Taz2

« Reply #374 on: April 11, 2010, 08:06:25 AM »

Hi suzi - sorry you are suffering. Could our clit be burning because of the bike? Have you got a seam or something that could be putting pressure on? I know it sounds a daft question but if you are keeping up the same position for a few hours it could cause pressure.

Taz x
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 79