Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 79

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 899826 times)

Suzi Q

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #270 on: February 26, 2010, 02:59:17 AM »

Never thought about that?
I do take enough with me just in case buttttttt odd thing is when Im home
I hardly take any its hard to explain but I love home and its as if someone takes a bit of me heart when I come back to Ozz
When I get to England someone gives it back and Im whole probably sounds daft
I wont ever leave here now my sons married wont leave my son he is my reason for being on this earth beside Bobbles of course
Todays OKISH feel a bit swollen and a tiny bit tender but nothing like it was 2 weeks ago and as the day goes on it gets better
At night except for Tuesday night it goes so much so I dont want to go to bed Im not wee weeing as much now eiither
But its still there in fact its not as good as it was last weekend when I think about it whats this week to worry me
Well the btests as soon as the Receptionist rang MOnday fanny tightened like s drum course results tomorrow im nervy about it
Smear test today Bobbles said why dont you just see if you can manage to have it done tomorrow see how you feel in there
Well that put a huge fear in me asap I mean its not him having it done and hes away next week I dont want the pain back
Im even scared that the 14 nights are up Sundays the last night what if by Tuesday its ALLLL BACK AGAIN BURNING ETC
I do think for me nerves do play a large part but this is real and Im going to ask if he can have another look tomorrow
See if he thinks it looks a bit better if I can get used to someone looking then it wont be so scarey for me the smear
Thanks for your concern and care
Suzi Q

terriw

« Reply #271 on: February 26, 2010, 08:27:42 PM »

Hi Suzi, the last smear I had, the doc (a lady locum) couldn't get it in I was so dry. She said she'd never seen such a dry one (!!!). She put lots of lube on and tried again but it was so painful for me. In the end she said she'd leave it but I took it and put it in myself (VERY SLOWLY). I just wanted it over and done with. She did give me some pessaries but they never really made a difference. I'm thinking of asking my doc for some Vagifem.....

I think you could do with some of the muscle relaxant pills I'm on at the moment for my bad back. Is it worth asking the doc if there's anything to help you in that way?

Good luck with the new speculum.

Suzi Q

« Reply #272 on: February 27, 2010, 06:58:05 AM »

Hi annyfanny
love the name hehehehehe
boy your brave putting it in yourself I have a problem with the vagifem applicator!!!
I cant at this moment in time speak highly enough about vagifem
Been on Ortho when I first went post meno 2 years on that the on to Ovestin which worked untill 18mnths or so ago
Put up with pain dryness intense burning going for a pee cystitis  with the help of the ladies 2 weeks ago today went to Gp
HE GAVE ME Vagifem the almost instant loss of pain and burning was incredable its still iffy dont get mw wrong
Ive had 2 mornings of ache and 1 night of pain but other than that its working fingers crossed
My Lexotan my little blue pills are a relx pill and they do work depending on how much I TAKE
 id certainly ask for Vagifem wish Id done it 18mnths ago Ovesti8n 1mg Vagifem 25mg big leap but my fanny sucked it up
My hairs stopped falling out my skins not flaking my fannys about 90% better wee weeing about 80% better
It can only be the Vagifem my hairs been falling out now for over a year and I didnt stop Ovestin till last November
So I HAD abso no hormones from November till 14th February my body was I think dieing
Go get it girl and long may yours mine and our fanny ruleeeeeeeeee Suzi Q

borchesterlass

« Reply #273 on: February 27, 2010, 08:57:29 AM »

Hi Suzi
 I am still getting to grips with the vagifem . If I drop back to twice a week sypmtons partially return. But my Gp has said use it for up to 4 times a week. Am experimenting using it every other day now.

Suzi Q

« Reply #274 on: February 28, 2010, 12:30:25 AM »

Thats the same as mine Im to use it for a further week to make 3 weeks
Then every 3rd day 2 weeks the 4th
But Im to ring if its too little
Im fine in the evenings (except so far for 1) its the mornings burn a bit and want to go for a wee again
Other than that I feel a million times better than I did 2 wkes ago yesterday still not right but so much better fingers crossed
Suzi Q

Suzi Q

« Reply #275 on: March 03, 2010, 12:45:51 PM »

First milestone today woke up had a wee wee and no burning
Second milestone had a shower and first time in over a year my fanny didnt burn
So fingers crossed
Suzi Q
Ps every day with no pain is a blessing though

Crescent

« Reply #276 on: March 03, 2010, 03:40:33 PM »

Brilliant, Suz ;D   So pleased for you and just in time for your trip.
Obviously both you and I suit the Vagifem better than the Ovestin it seems.  I am not looking forward to having to have the month off that my GP insists on though.  Will take Vit E and anything else I can think of during that month.   Have shown her the advice off here but she still wants me to have a break near Easter.  I am doing it Weds and Sats now.
Cres

borchesterlass

« Reply #277 on: March 03, 2010, 05:05:21 PM »

How do you take the vit E ..internally or by mouth?

Crescent

« Reply #278 on: March 03, 2010, 05:28:25 PM »

I've read about putting the capsules internally but not sure if I'll feel like doing that tbh.  I'll probably just take it by mouth, I'll see how it goes.

Suzi Q

« Reply #279 on: March 04, 2010, 05:41:23 AM »

WHY?
Is there something wrong?
There doesnt seem to be a timelimit
Or is she being cautious like the Docs were on the pill
Dont know how many of you remember you were supposed to have a break every couple of years
There was no medical reason other than if you wanted to get preggers but they just said you had to
Id be asking why give me the reasons what can you give me even say Ovestin to stop it coming back
I think Id be doing what that lady did and get it online unless she gave me a really good medical reason for the break
Suzi Q
there maybe shes just not explained it?

Crescent

« Reply #280 on: March 04, 2010, 08:49:54 AM »

Hi Suzi,
Yes think she was just being cautious.  The new advice about being able to take it without a break is quite new and she is one of those doctors who has doubts.  The trouble is that she is very nice and the most helpful of the gps overall so although I showed her the advice from this site etc, I didn't want to have too much of a confrontation about it as tbh at the time was not at all sure that Vagifem was going to be a help as Ovestin hadn't been.
I might check out the online stuff, but am always worried that it isn't the genuine article.

Glad things seem to be working out for you and your fanny :)

Suzi Q

« Reply #281 on: March 04, 2010, 10:21:14 AM »

OK here goes go back explain take print out sheets saying YOU can take it every other day if you like (not just the Vagi sheet)
Just explain that YOU really need it and that your willing to be monitored every 3mnths
If shes still narky about it say Ok well I have been told I can get it on the net I dont want to your my Doctor I need you to help
If shes still Off then only you can decide what to do Id got to a well womens clinic cos if she does it once how often will she do it
Is she young if she is she probably doesnt understand the pain she hears it but has never felt it or had maybe many women with it
This type of problem is one of the most untalked abuot and the fewest ladies over 60 go abuot it too emabarrasing
Fanny Ok today bit acidy but no burning when I wee weed 4 times today tingly fanny today but not burny or achy its the bum
Hope your OK lots of hugs Suzi Q 8)

terriw

« Reply #282 on: March 05, 2010, 12:58:07 PM »

Crescent, I've been taking the Vit E orally but also internally (as I hoped it would help re the dry fanny problems).

Hubbys birthday today soooo......long lie-in and some rumpy pumpy.....still painful though. Dashed straight to the loo, cleansed with anti bacterial wash and took a cystitis sachet........sad eh?????

I remember the days when it was so spontaneous........sigh.... ::)

Suzi Q

« Reply #283 on: March 05, 2010, 02:16:20 PM »

Sorry love and yes I too remember
Suzi Q :-*

Crescent

« Reply #284 on: March 05, 2010, 02:16:46 PM »

Oh that's miserable, annifanny :(     Hope it goes off and doesn't turn into proper cystitis, my worst nightmare!
Somehow I have trouble with the idea of putting the Vit E capsule in internally, just seems odd.

I'll see how it goes at my next doctor's appt, Suzi.  find it a fine line to tread between being assertive and being argumentative with the doctor :)
Guess you are still doing well?    It's odd yesterday after weeks of nothing I suddenly got that toothache feeling in the labia again, went off again but it did remind me of how it was!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 79