Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 79

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 899857 times)

Suzi Q

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #255 on: February 15, 2010, 05:53:20 AM »

Ive just (yesterday taken the first Vagifem so far so good no sides to it YET!!!
JUst sat in a cold salt bath didnt sting but see what eventuates
Had the btests this morning checking everything known to man and women
Hope Im OK still its all a start and if this vagifem works I will be so happy
BUT I will be so angry at myself for leaving for a year
Hugs a million Suzi Q

Taz2

« Reply #256 on: February 15, 2010, 07:20:31 AM »

I hope it works well for you Suzi - don't be angry at yourself - we all put off things that we know we should do, especially if we think it may be painful.  :foryou:

Taz x

Suzi Q

« Reply #257 on: February 15, 2010, 12:59:29 PM »

Taz sweeite
Thats exactly what Bobbles said
He said I HAD to be ready to go before Id go
Mind he also said to me tonight that he would have carried me to the car screaming last saturday
I think hes had a gutful too
Oh I never asked but can you make love using Vagifem?
Hope yuor days great and your feeling as Bertie Wooster would say TOP HOLE
Suzi Q xxxx :-* 8)

Crescent

« Reply #258 on: February 15, 2010, 01:38:15 PM »

Can't imagine they would make a cream/pessary and say don't have sex :o   So go for it Suzi ;)

Suzi Q

« Reply #259 on: February 22, 2010, 03:46:06 AM »

Ok its now been 8pills and it has helped immensly
The burnings gone touch wood The constant wanting to go for a wee wee has eased 70%
No itching but then I never did except for the first few weeks
No sides to it so far sureley I would have had them after 8 days yes?
Ive riden the motor bike over the weekend probably 14 hours and never once did we have to stop for a wee
In fact I didnt even feel the need to go Im not dry anymore feel a bit plumper but thats probably mind over matter
Saturday morning I was in a bit of pain in my vagina almost like a spasam took my pill and it eased off after an hour or so then fine
Its not gone yet still dont feel 100% right but for the fisrt time in 18mnths Ive gone 6 days out of 8 with no pain no burning
Just a tad more wee wee than normal there again Ive forgot what normal was or is
GP receptionist rang today my Bloods results were in and she said Doctor wants to see you talk about the results I freeaked
OH god have I got cancer or something she said OH no if it was anything bad hed have rang for you to come in asap
Then she said sorry you have an appt for next Saturday I didnt see it I dont know do GPs ring to get you to come in for results?
I went last Monday so it will be 12 days to see him after the bloods(I go saturday) is this normal should I be scared
He did full blood work up the lot Ijm nervy now OK dont laugh its me and as I get nervy guess what my fanny starts up !!!!!

Suzi Q

« Reply #260 on: February 22, 2010, 03:48:10 AM »

Its Vagifem pills pressaries
Blue pills for my nerves are Lexotan
Suzi Q
\fanny going off today asap after the phone call F.... :'(

Taz2

« Reply #261 on: February 22, 2010, 08:36:21 AM »

Hi suzi - I see that you are taking Lexotan.  I didn't know you were taking this. Have you been on it for a long time?

Taz x  :)

Crescent

« Reply #262 on: February 22, 2010, 10:59:16 AM »

well I think that's amazing that you have had some result after such a short time on Vagifem, Suzi, long may it continue!
The blood test result thing can't be anything too worrying or he would have had you in before that.  My husband had the same thing happen just this last week and it turned out that his cholesterol was up a bit, nothing dramatic.
I've never heard of Lexotan.
take care of yourself

Hotnbothered

« Reply #263 on: February 22, 2010, 11:57:13 AM »

Hi Suzie,
glad the vagifem is working  :)

Taz2

« Reply #264 on: February 22, 2010, 02:40:48 PM »

Crescent - I don't think that Lexotan is available anymore in the UK - it is one of the benzodiazepine drugs like Mogadon, Valium, Ativan or Rohypnol. Used short term they can help alleviate anxiety.

Suzi - I got called in because of raised cholesterol too - though my doc wasn't that bothered to be honest.

taz x

Suzi Q

« Reply #265 on: February 23, 2010, 04:53:04 AM »

Thanks ladies I did freak
Ive been on Lexotan for over 20 years 3 half pills a day so 9mg
Some days I only take 2 halfs some days only half
I take no more now than I did in the begining
I rang the GP today and as my fanny is heaps better but not gone yet last every night pressarie is on Sunday
Bobbles is flying to NZ on Sunday and as they have to get a speculum childsize for me its going to be tiny steps
This Saturday bresults maybe a look ask how the Vagi is working then have the smear 2 weeks after that
Little steps one at a time I couldnt handle it if I had it Saturday for 2 reasons one I dont think the fanny is ready
2 Bobbles is going away Sunday and god forbid I got a call saying come in Id probably drop dead and no Bobbles
Maybe Im a coward I will have it done Im not daft but I need to do it at my pace
Suzi Q

Crescent

« Reply #266 on: February 23, 2010, 08:19:47 AM »

well be grateful you have such a nice doctor, Suzi, he sounds very understanding and that is a real blessing.  I would love a nice doctor that I could realy talk to.  Do hope the whole speculum thing is easy for you, sure it will be much better since the Vagifem, fingers crossed :)

Thanks for the info on the pills, Taz - I had heard of the others you mentioned but not that one.  My mother was on Mogadon for sleeping for years and her doctor said it really was no longer effective after a time but she was always scared to come off it.

Taz2

« Reply #267 on: February 23, 2010, 04:30:27 PM »

Hi Crescent. The benzo drugs are highly addictive so I can understand her fear of stopping Mogadon. There are lots of support groups nowadays for those trying to come of them though. They are normally prescribed for short term use because, as you say, the benefits don't last much longer than a few weeks. However, even though they are not "working" the side effects when you try to stop are very hard to cope with so people tend to stay on them rather than face an unpleasant few months.

Taz x

Suzi Q

« Reply #268 on: February 25, 2010, 07:12:26 AM »

KNow what I dont care if im addicted to my blue pills they keep me sane
As said I take no more now than I did 20 years ago sometimes less
My Mum took Mogodon and Mandrax they became useless after a time
Thats the one thing Ive never taken sleeping pills even on the long haul flight Im too scared
Im scared I will not wake up and also the feeling of falling thats why I hate GAs
Suzi Q

Taz2

« Reply #269 on: February 25, 2010, 06:36:25 PM »

Hi Suzi - I wasn't saying you should be worried about being addicted - if they work for you then that's what matters. Make sure you have enough for any UK trip though as you wont be able to get them here. I meant to say that the benzo drugs are known to cause urinary problems so maybe your wee-wee trouble coincides with the times you take the Lexotan? It might be worth noting it and at least you would have an answer.

Taz  :)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 79