Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Weird Symptoms Advice no Googling!!!  (Read 19953 times)

ariadne

Re: Weird Symptoms Advice no Googling!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 09:04:34 PM »

Well for the past couple of months I have had pains in my upper back at night in bed and when I first get up. Its not backache though - just pains around the back ribs.

I read an article in the paper yesterday about a doctor who noticed that his dressing gown had become tight around his expanding midriff along with vague pains in his upper back plus a bit of indigestion and nausea. He had pancreatic cancer so now of course thats what I must have because of my back pains and expanding midriff. (I don't have the other problems though)

It did say that pains in the upper back are not normal and should be investigated but I so hate going to the doctors with non specific problems.

ariadne xx

libby1

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 09:44:13 PM »

Ariadne, I had pains in my upper back for about 3 months and thought it was all sorts of nasty things  :(

It ended up being a problem in my neck causing pain in my back  ;)

I was very stressed about it for a long time and did go to my gp but like you, I had no other symptoms. I eventually went to an osteopath who treated me.

It's definately the hormones causing all this stress and worry. I used to be quite normal - I think  ;)

Libby
x
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 09:47:33 PM by libby1 »

libby1

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 09:51:37 PM »

For the record, I've also had pain under my right ribs, in my chest, heartburn, underarm pain, weird facial numbness, pins and needles in my arms and legs, finger and thumb pain. All of which didn't last but terrified me at the time  :o

Libby
x

Bette

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 09:52:24 PM »

Neck tension can cause all sorts of referred pain. Check that you're using the right sort of pillow and that your mattress isn't too hard/soft. I've had lots of neck, shoulder and back problems over the years (mostly work related) but did find that they got worse with peri. Chiropractors and physios have helped a bit, Alexander Technique a lot and also having a goose down pillow (bliss!) and a good mattress with a microfibre topper.
Bette x

littleminnie

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 09:54:58 PM »

Why goose down Bette?

Bette

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 09:56:52 PM »

It moulds to your shape and then reverts back once fluffed up. Think it's meant to give better support - I just know that it feels gorgeous!  :wub:
Bette x

littleminnie

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 10:00:18 PM »

I might have a look at those then in the new year. Can you wash them?

Bette

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2011, 10:08:32 PM »

Possibly not - must admit that I've never washed a pillow!  :oops: They're expensive but I got mine in the John Lewis sale after a friend waxed lyrical about hers.
Bette x

libby1

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2011, 10:45:58 PM »

We've got feather pillows and they wash really well!

Libby
x

ariadne

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 11:03:40 PM »

Oh Libby, you've reassured me no end even though I'm sorry to hear about all your pains. I don't have any neck pain though - did you? I did wonder if it could be an arthritis type pain. This time last year I had a persistent nagging pain in the left ovary area which lasted several months then just disappeared. I'm hoping this pain will do the same.

What is the differnce between a chiropractor and an osteopath?

ariadne xx

Trey

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 11:52:52 PM »

Ok, Dyan, Jules, Ariadne, et al I'm typing on my wireless ipad2 keyboard and you cannot know what a deal that is for this old broad.  Dyan and Jules, try TMJ - you can bet on it if the scalp feels tight or pains in almost anywhere from back of head to shoulders, neck, jaw, blurry vision, different teeth aching, and on and on.  And Ariadne I have pain across the mid back all the time - ended up getting a cardiac catherization for it once - and mid back pain is OFTEN caused by computer posture - the leaning forward shortens the abdominals and raises havoc - can mimic gall bladder disease, cause mild nausea, gas, a fake reflux (squeezes the tummy) and on and on.  My computer has ruined me!!!!

Today and yesterday Don's computers got trojans, virus, and this am I spent five long hours on with a tech who could not fix it - usually they can take over remote and because we could not get on the net, we could not go remote so five hours of computer hell.

Ok that's my non-google outpouring for today.  Hope you are all in bed sleeping soundly - whatever that means - haven't slept right in years.

libby1

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2011, 12:35:09 PM »

Ariadne, no I didn't have any pain in my neck either but Trey is right, poor posture can cause all sorts of problems, mine was a combination of both, that and stress which made me sit or stand with my shoulders hunched up.

I think an osteopath treats the whole body and a chiro just the problamatic bit? I stand to be corrected  ;)

Trey, I'm not sleeping well either, keep feeling hot but not sweaty. Bit of a pain because I like cuddling my hubbie at night  ;)

Libby
x

ariadne

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2011, 01:07:02 PM »

Trey, I've sat at a computer for 36 years during my working life so common sense tells me you are right about posture. I've found it very difficult to change my posture over the years, starting off with good intentions then finding myself in the usual slumped position within minutes!

It can be one of my New Year's resolutions perhaps  ;D

ariadne xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2011, 02:00:14 PM »

DO NOT let ANYONE manipulate your spine or pelvis unless they have seen a recent x-ray!  :cuss:  ......... you could end up wheel-chair bound  >:(

I ache all over these last few days, not all the while but I keep going 'oh'  :o

Jemima

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2011, 02:22:37 PM »

OH OH!!! TOO LATE!!

:o

I literally just came out of Google and a symptom checker and on to here to see if anyone else could offer me some support when I saw this thread!!

You ladies must be mind readers!!  ::) ;D

Anyway - my symptoms today are (and have been for a while): Lower back ache, a soreness in my 'ovaries' (had this before and they said it was IBS).....lots of anxiety over it........plus, I havent had a period since the middle of October but have had a few weeks of 'spotting' then last week i had some yukky stuff after sex  ??? which has kind of freaked me out!!......

*sigh....

Hope you are all set for crimbo tho ladies and not allowing all this horrible stuff to freak you out as much as i am at the mo!

Jemima x
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4