Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Feeling cold  (Read 24105 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feeling cold
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 03:58:15 PM »

Did eventually once I realised  ::)

Danismum

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 01:20:53 PM »

I always feel cold, husband is always telling me to turn the heating off, my hands are the worse

I have a normal thyroid but have all the symptoms  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 09:59:13 PM »

I had the electric blanket on in the early hours  :-\ - I was finding it hard to sleep as I was on the edge of being chilly so turned it on.  Slept eventually  ::) - it's August for goodness sake  :-\

Joyce

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 10:05:26 PM »

Too warm up here for electric blanket! Never thought I'd say that after the weather we've had of late.

Briony

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2015, 12:53:46 PM »

I'd always assumed that peri/menopause meant hot flushes, so when I developed cold flushes - which can last anything from a minute to 48 hours - I was convinced I had an under active thyroid. In fact, I badgered my GP to test me on more than one occasion to be sure. Now, further down the line, I realise it is just another - though less popular - symptom of the lead up to menopause. I usually get nausea if I have a longer cold flush, often with fatigue and just a weird uneasy feeling.
They can strike at the weirdest of times - had a momentary one yesterday whilst out walking in 25 degree sunshine - I'd been sweating a few minutes before!

These posts helped me:

http://patient.info/forums/discuss/perimenopause-severe-coldness-anyone-259454

http://menopause-aid.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/cold-flashes-chills-during-menopause.html

SadLynda

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2015, 01:42:41 PM »

Wow, thanks Briony - I had no idea of that one.  Usually too damn hot of late, but I know in the past I have been the only one cold and not been able to get warm, so worth knowing.

CLKD - no need for any heat here just now, I have enough for everyone ;)

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2015, 02:42:49 PM »

I'll put my feet on your back then  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2015, 12:22:33 PM »

I've put our heating on  :o - feet are cold, don't know if the rest of me is or whether it's watching the hard drizzle which makes the sky grey.

Joyce

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2015, 01:36:38 PM »

Mine is on too CLKD. I'm frozen today.

dahliagirl

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2015, 01:46:56 PM »

I have my fleece jacket on indoors.  :)

Babsm67

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2015, 03:11:43 PM »

I didn't know that either, Briony, as I feel the cold more too - in the pub on Friday, I was sitting there in my jacket whilst everyone else was in t-shirts.  Really cold this afternoon too (in a jumper & sweat jacket) - my hands were like ice.  My mum has an underactive thyroid & is on Thyroxine.  My sister, who is ten years younger than me, was 'borderline' underactive last year.  Both my mum & sister struggle with their weight & my mum said her diagnosis came after she couldn't lose weight & felt the cold.  Every test I have had, has come back as 'normal' (last one was done Nov 2014 along with hormones which were 'normal' - I think not!). Getting it done again along with the hormones when my period starts.  Have had heavier hair loss over the last year-and-a-half (no bald patches - just heavier loss all over).  Also have overwhelming tiredness of late - everything seems to be more of an effort!  X

Winterose

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2015, 04:35:07 PM »

Scarlett

There is a test you can do at home which may help , take your temperature immediately on waking for 10 days and if its well below average chances are you have a thyroid problem, mine ws consistently around 33.7 and now its 36 . What a difference the thyroxine makes, aches and pain s etc disappear. I was borderline, it also stopped my palpitations,  :)

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2015, 06:27:13 PM »

Before I started HRT I would get phases of feeling intensely cold. So bad I almost felt sick with it and wanted to cry. It was an accurate predictor of an impending dip in my hormones and several days of feeling very depressed and anxious.

It still happened once I was on HRT.

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2017, 05:29:14 PM »

Even though I put this into the search button I had to search deeper!

I have put the electric blanket on for a few nights ........ and the heating on last night to have a warm bathroom: was *that* our Summer  :-\

dahliagirl

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2017, 10:39:20 AM »

I was enjoying that heat.  I am back in my sheepskin slippers that go up to my ankles.  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3