Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: What's Everyone Eating For Christmas Dinner?  (Read 14574 times)

san

Re: What's Everyone Eating For Christmas Dinner?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 09:47:37 PM »

Does anyone else feel hungry reading this thread or is it just me  ;D off to find a biscuit ...

Christine662

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 09:17:43 AM »

My son is a head chef...he is coming Boxing Night for a couple of days before he is back into the throng for New Years (busy busy)

With all the fabulous food he turns out at work & for us when he 'sometimes' cooks for us, he always says theres nothing can beat mums roast dinners. :)

Stumpy xx

san

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 01:04:05 PM »

That's a major compliment Stumpy  :)

libby1

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 01:40:08 PM »

What time is everyone aiming to sit down to eat? We usually aim for 1.30 but end up about 3  ;D

The dishing up is the worst bit and my dad always complains if the plates are not hot  >:(

Libby
x

littleminnie

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 01:46:48 PM »

About 2, we eat.
Just been to M&S to get the Turkey. You cannot move! OH was getting trolley rage.

libby1

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 03:20:30 PM »

Littleminnie, that's the beauty of online food shopping  ;)

I'm having all mine delivered on 23rd, apart from the odd bits.

Libby
x

Margarett

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2011, 03:30:04 PM »

Just went into our local Co-op for some milk, and they have a lovely range of fresh turkeys, no queues!

silverlady

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2011, 05:20:20 PM »

Got most of it from M&S ysterday, bought some brussel sprouts on the stem from our Market today, and now just have to get the brandy cream, potatoes and thats it.

Just enough for the two of us and not spent all that much really. We usualy go out for a meal Christmas Eve late afternoon to a country hotel and then its batten down the hatches until its over. :) :)

silverlady x

san

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2011, 05:31:51 PM »

We'll eat about 2pm. Bought a turkey crown and gammon joint a couple of weeks ago. DD is getting the rest. Nice relaxed one for me this year  :)

one year in

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2011, 06:51:27 PM »

We're still discussing it!

I bought a gammon joint but haven't done one before.  I intend to par boil it then roast it with potatoes in the oven.

Not sure what fat to put in to roast it though.  Or how to make gravy to go with it.  Any ideas anyone?  I'm hopeless!

ariadne

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 07:00:33 PM »

My family is small but this year I feel rather anxious about cooking. I feel a bit panicky that it will all go wrong,or I will burst into tears, or someone won't like any of it. Hubby says he'll help but to be honest, his help will consist of standing in the kitchen saying "what do you want me to do" and that will panic me even more. He has never cooked anything since we were married so he can't help much.

I don't remember worrying in the past, I must be having a funny phase.

Hubby and I don't make a big fuss about Xmas food as we don't get many visitors and it just goes to waste. Apart from Xmas day, we buy the same as we usually buy the rest of the year.

It will be turkey, roast and mashed potatoes, gravy, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower cheese and yorkshire puds (well everyone loves them so we have to have them  ;) )

For dessert there will be a trifle and a strawberry cheesecake.

My son doesn't like turkey or chicken though and he will probably have a home made venison pie.

ariadne xx

susie56

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 07:29:09 PM »

My family would be mortified if I changed the menu.  Turkey with all the trimmings and home made Christmas pud with Brandy sauce.  I try to vary starters but they usually complain if there are no prawns!  We always start the day with a big cooked brekkie with smoked salmon scrambled eggs.  We don't eat until it's dark and we can light all of the candles.  Usually go for a walk in between.  I don't know how people manage to do lunch at lunchtime then go to relatives for tea as some of my colleagues seem to do, I would never manage that much food.   :)

Taz2

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2011, 07:54:46 PM »

We never manage a breakfast on Christmas Day as we have always filled up on chocolate from our stockings! Maybe that's why the thought of dinner and tea is a bit alien Susie? Not sure I would be able to manage a cooked brekkie and a dinner followed by a tea!

Taz x

san

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 09:19:26 PM »

We have bacon rolls for breakfast. Christmas meal around 2pm. No set meal for tea time just pick at bits.

Dyan

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2011, 10:39:36 PM »

We have a cooked breakfast,traditional Christmas dinner at whatever time it's ready.Usually between 2.30-3.30.
Then we have nibbles,chocs etc in the evening.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all! :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4