Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan and soreness  (Read 4071 times)

Kate50

Utrogestan and soreness
« on: May 03, 2016, 02:01:19 AM »

Hi
Another annoying side effect ! Am taking utrogestan vaginally this month due to side effects taking it orally. My hole is so sore! Sorry about the crudeness just pissed off with another problem.
Really struggling to keep up with these side effects.  Oestrogel is fine but still not enough when it comes to sleep and VA and the utrogestan works in some ways but too many annoying side effects.  Rubbish sleep being one of them.  Anyone else had or has the soreness?  Oh and itchy skin.  The oestrogen has got rid of so many little things and palpitations that I can't see how I would now manage without it but this progesterone malarkey is tiring.  8 months and small improvement but that's it.  I was coping bf and had got use to it all until the low blood pressure and palpitations started then I seemed to have no choice but go on oestrogen.  But I felt better without hrt in myself . Just having a rant at 2.59 in the morning! !

Dancinggirl

Re: Utrogestan and soreness
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 09:00:05 AM »

I can't use Utro vaginally - it makes me very sore and uncomfortable. As you are uncertain as to whether you actually feel better with HRT or not, I would take a break from HRT once you have finished this phase of Utro to see how you feel. If you stop everything, even the oestrogen, at the end of the Utro stage and stay off all hormones for 4-8 weeks you then have a chance to really tell whether the HRT was making things better or not.
HRT cannot fix everything and one does have to have more benefits than side effects.
I took a break from 8 weeks at the beginning of the year and started on a sequi Gel/Utro regime 8 weeks ago.  I have found that the withdrawal bleed left me feeling awful and I'm now feeling really shaky with terrible fatigue - I don't know if it's a virus or not but at the moment I do wonder if my body is simply not coping with the hormones - I am 60 and maybe it's time to stop??!!!  DG x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 09:24:35 AM »

I only used utrogestan for 6 days vaginally and I got soreness too.
I chose to have a Mirena fitted in the end.

Kate50

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 09:58:49 AM »

Don't think I will be any good without the oestrogen as it stops my palpitations and tinnitus.  The gynae offered  mirena but can't see how that will be any better as cant seem to take any although I see ladies going on it.  Got this bloody weird head thing going on as well feel doped up!

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 10:03:38 AM »

I had real problems with the utrogestan...horrific dreams, wired up feeling, bloating and many more!
But three weeks in with the Mirena I don't seem to be getting too many side effects, maybe feel a bit tearful sometimes ( but am tired and lots going on at home) and light spotting for the last 10 days.

Kate50

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 12:07:55 PM »

Stellajane I git soreness with vagifem I didn't use to but since got further into meno it does. 
Tinker bell what will you do if you start to have issues?  I presume you couldn't take other ways of progesterone?