Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Should 'older' women wear jeans?  (Read 23888 times)

Hurdity

Re: Should 'older' women wear jeans?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 05:32:32 PM »

I am (almost) speechless!  >:(

How dare he air his ageist and sexist views so that you feel worried about wearing jeans!!!

They are a universal item of clothing for all aged 1 - 100 - my mum wears them at 83.

If you can, just banish his words from your mind from today and if you can find some that are comfy - just go for it. So what about a bit of a roll of fat - the low slung ones (jeans that is  ;D) are good for that and with todays loosish tops who's to know anyway?

Bloody hell! (Am I allowed to say that?). We have enough to put up with in today's culture without being put down by youth obsessed young (ish) men. I bet he'll be one that ditches his partner when she starts to get old. Grrr! (Sorry Morwenna that's probably unfair to him!).

If I knew where he was I would go a wave my bat wings at him dressed in my denims!

Come on - we don't deserve  this  :)  ;D

As I said on the hair thread - let's just all grow old disgracefully and show them all  :clapping:

Hurdity x

Becks

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 05:41:23 PM »

Hear! Hear!  Well said, Hurdity!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 06:03:11 PM »

I have: royal blue; yellow; grey; denim jeans.  Which I wear with either clashing colours or blend them with greys/yellows/peach.  I wear brightly coloured socks and light shoes for going out, or thick socks with walking boots when we are on the hill.  I wasn't allowed jeans whilst growing up, Dad wouldn't have his 'little girl' in trousers, even when Mum and I thought we had got away with it by her buying me cords from the catalogue  ::)

Taz2

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 06:06:30 PM »

I don't think that age is the defining factor but shape definitely is if you want jeans to look really good. I still wear mine but know that they look nowhere as good as they did a few years ago due to the fatter tummy. I always wondered why older people chose such dreadful jeans but now realise that it wasn't the jeans at fault but rather the shape they were trying to fit into them! I am 57 and up to 55 they looked really good but now I do have to disguise my shape a little. A nice slim figure with well fitting jeans and a tight t-shirt always looks great I reckon.

I think that anyone should be allowed to wear the clothes they want to though regardless of how they make us look so you go for it Morwenna! I am sure I shouldn't have been wearing my jeans and FT t-shirt and little fur trimmed jacket last night but I don't care!!

I was allowed to wear jeans eventually CLKD but never on a Sunday - my dad always wanted me look like a girl then but I don't know why as he had no religion!

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 06:07:32 PM »

I got into the car for a family day out and he would not put on the engine until I'd gone inside and changed into a skirt  >:(

oldsheep

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2011, 06:26:12 PM »

I got into the car for a family day out and he would not put on the engine until I'd gone inside and changed into a skirt  >:(
As a child, I was forced to wear a skirt on sundays and patent leather shoes which pinched. Guess who wears jeans and trainers a lot now?!
Stretch is a wonderful invention  ;D  I just ordered some M&S skinny jeans; I've not dared wear them before in case I look like a pig on sticks.
My husband says it's a sign of ageing when you start to wear brighter colours than you did before  ;D

Bette

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2011, 06:53:29 PM »

I was very excited earlier this year when I started wearing jeans again after several years! My IBS meant that I could only cope with loose, drawstring-waisted trousers, usually in a size too big.  :( However, since being on HRT my IBS has settled and I'm back into stretch jeans - yay! I've only got one pair - cheap Tescos ones but they fit well. I would like to find some high-waisted ones as on the odd occasion that I feel a bit "crampy", the waistband is a bit too low and presses on the sore area. Any suggestions of where I could look?
Bette x

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2011, 06:58:24 PM »

I think M&S do high waisted ones Bette. It's great that you can wear jeans again. I know that crampy feeling you are talking about and live in fear of getting out of the car having undone my button and having my jeans fall down!  :D

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 06:59:20 PM »

Mine are M&S ones & very comfy too.  They are a good price too, about £15 or so.

Bette

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2011, 07:00:29 PM »

I'll look next time I'm in there.  :thankyou:
Bette x

changesbabe

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2011, 07:03:27 PM »

I'm sure Next sell high waisted jeans too - their jeans are reasonably priced too.  Xx

Taz2

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2011, 07:28:42 PM »

I haven't been able to find any in there but I only looked in their Petite range I must admit. Even those ones are far too long for me!  ::)

Taz x

Taz2

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2011, 07:51:14 PM »

Together Mrs P????  :rofl:

Dyan

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2011, 08:26:00 PM »

I'm 50 and wear jeans all the time when I'm not going out for the evening.
I wear the ones that sit on the waist not the ones that you wear below your belly button.
I tried a pair on once and had to lie down to do them up and when I stood up
I could hardly breathe.They went back on the rail.
I have bought mine in Matalan recently £10.
I have to go where they do different lengths as I'm a shortie ;D

Taz2

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2011, 08:32:10 PM »

New Look do a 29" inside leg so if I wear heels I don't have to turn them up.

Taz x
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6