Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Should 'older' women wear jeans?  (Read 23886 times)

Morwenna

Should 'older' women wear jeans?
« on: November 23, 2011, 11:18:07 AM »

Following on from the 'should older women have long hair?' thread I wondered what you ladies think about 'older' women wearing jeans?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:33:16 PM by Morwenna »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Should 'older' women wear jeans?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 11:18:43 AM »

I do.  In bright colours  ;)

Margarett

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 11:19:41 AM »

Well, I'm 55 and I still feel comfortable wearing jeans, so I will continue to wear them. Too old? No way!!!

Becks

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 11:38:07 AM »

I'm 54 and I wear jeans!  I wear slim fit bootcut jeans in dark denim.  I am thinking about getting a pair of skinny jeans to tuck into my boots this winter. 

coffee mate

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 11:43:45 AM »

I love wearing my jeans and NO mans opinion [not even if it were my mans] would convince me to stop.

They're comfy [as long as they're not too tight] you can dress them up, or down.

A lady I know who is in her 60s still wears her *skinny* jeans and she looks good in them!

Jenny50

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 11:47:11 AM »

I wouldn't know what to wear without my jeans.  I've got bootcut ones and straight ones which I wear with long sleeved T shirts and long cardigans.  I think as long as you take a good hard look in the mirror you'll be OK.

Jenny X

Trey

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 12:05:24 PM »

If it were not for jeans, I'd have nothing on below my waist.  I order one brand on sale from the internet and love them.  Fortunately I have slim legs and hips.  Now if only I could tone my arms - yuk!  I haven't changed the way I dress and I'm much older than most of you, but I wear loose tops, not tucked in and try to not look like a teeny bopper.

changesbabe

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 12:33:06 PM »

Just bought myself a pair of pink skinny ones! I am over 40 and I look great in them. On my Santa list I want a pair of cream ones and maroon ones. I think we all get to the stage of knowing whats not right to wear. I can't see myself sitting in a nursing home wearing my jeans so I guess there will come a day when I hang them up but not just now!  ;D

Heron

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 12:49:15 PM »

Love my jeans - not so keen on the 'muffin top' that goes with them, but just co-ordinate tops to disguise it! Denim Rules x

viv

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 12:52:33 PM »

My mum who is 89 has a pair of jeans that she wears around the house  ;D

No one will prise me away from my jeans EVER  ::)

Honeyb
x

Suzi Q

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 12:53:45 PM »

I have 12 pairs of Jeans some new ones some op shop ones
Black ones Blue ones flared one but all have wideish bottoms
Trinny and Susanna  said ladies with hips should wear jeans&pants with the bottom of the pants wider so the go straight
I have good bought jeans for going out at night with dressy tops and op shop ones for day time with TSHIRTS
 I too now have flabby arms I look better in no sleaves on Tshirts than Cap sleaves?
Ive gone off Tshirts though I thnk they do look a bit youngish so Ive been buying BO HO gypsy style tops in all colours
They are a bit baggier I buy ones with out tight ruffly arm bit  but they look better than Tshirts more fashionable too
My neighbour is 75 and she wears Jeans
My hubbies Bobbles is 6/5 12 stonelegs up to his arm pits abso bloody gorg looking and NO Im not being biased
Women drool over him and hes abso clueless about it He wears his Jeans MOSIMO with a White Ts and a Jkt
Or the Jeans with Armani shirts (ebay) FFFFFK he looks the typical Italian or Frenchman
when we were there last year he looked the same as them ME well I looked a bloody mess compared to him

Scampi

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 01:20:41 PM »

I am big (!!) and I will wear jeans as long as they are comfortable!  I buy them in sizes big enough to fit properly, and in a style that actually sits on my waist, not hips, so I don't suffer from that horrible 'muffin-top'!  I wear them with all sorts of tops, depending on the occasion and weather, but the top is always long enough to never risk showing any flesh between top and jeans (yuk!).  I can't see me stopping wearing jeans unless and until I can't fasten them due to fingers not working properly!

Joyce

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 01:33:17 PM »

At age 55 and size 16/18 and I still wear jeans.  I buy waist high ones as they are much more comfortable.  Doubt I'll ever give up wearing, unless like Scampi, my fingers stop working.

silverlady

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 03:29:07 PM »

No one will take my jeans away from me.

silverlady x

melis

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 03:45:00 PM »

Love my jeans ... and similar to you Suzy my OH is 6'2" with lovely long legs looks great in jeans and likes me in them too  ;) (I mean me in my own jeans and not in his) ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6