Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29

Author Topic: Bah Humbug! (Is it just me?)  (Read 108524 times)

Pennyfarthing

Re: Bah Humbug! (Is it just me?)
« Reply #150 on: December 05, 2011, 12:26:33 PM »

Sueanne, you are so right. Lots of families have broken up, we were a family of 6 siblings, everyone fell out.
So we are on our own, also my husbands side, have fallen out with me.
So i try and make Christmas extra special, and try and forget about the ex family members.

And us!  I have 2 brothers and one hasn't spoken to me for several years (I've explained it on here a few years ago) and my other brother barely speaks now.  He is very moody and even his own adult kids know what he's like.  I ask him for lunch every year and he used to come but doesn't any more - although I still invite him, as he's  on his own.  One of his daughters invites him for Boxing Day  and she says she dreads him coming because he moans about everything ... the TV, the food, the neighbours, the parking, the weather etc.  and spoils the day for them but she feels she has to ask him.

On my hubby's side, he has a sister and a brother.  The brother fell out with both of them a few years ago (after M-I-L's funeral) and although we get on well with the sister and her hubby they live a few hours drive away and they spend Xmas with their adult kids and grandkids.

So there'll just be the 2 of us, our 2 adult kids and my Mum will come and stay for a few days.   We always have a nice time though! :)               

cutey1

« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2011, 01:12:07 PM »

Pennyfarthing, as long as you spend Christmas with the ones you love and know enjoy your time and company, that is the main thing.

I have ongoing issues still with my sister and it is causing problems now with my parents due to christmas, but I am sticking to my guns - I had an awful christmas last year (due to illness) and I am definitely not going to have a crap one this year - family can get on with it, I am sick of trying to mae everyone happy - it has to stop, so I am sticking to my guns - they either like it or lump it!

I love my family to bits, but enough is enough!

:) xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2011, 03:15:35 PM »

I have put up the tree  :o  ........ no lights yet.  We were in the loft looking for the artifical tree stand which is why we didn't get itup last year so once found  ::)  ........ then I've re-fashioned the wreath for the front door - up and wobbling gently in the wind; and the one for New Year is tarted up and ready to hang on Boxing Day.  That's it for today  ;)

Joyce

« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2011, 04:39:03 PM »

That's it, all the decorations are up!  Glad it's done now.  Out for tea with my friends tonight. 

Dyan

« Reply #154 on: December 05, 2011, 04:44:18 PM »

I put the tree up,decs up,wreath on door,candle arch in front window
this weekend.
Was going to write Christmas cards today but Hubby took me shopping for my Xmas pressie,which he's let me have now, to wear at the parties that are coming up. Bless him!

Dyan x

littleminnie

« Reply #155 on: December 05, 2011, 04:46:16 PM »

You are organised Dyan.  I haven't done a thing, except buy 2 presents today.

Dyan

« Reply #156 on: December 05, 2011, 04:52:48 PM »

I'm late this year LM.
I would normally have written my cards and wrapped presents by December.
This year I'm going about it at a steady pace cos of how I've been.
Picking up a lot now though.Nearly back to my old self.
My daughter is 13 so she still gets excited about decorating early,
"Muummm,can we put the tree up on Saturday,pleeeeeese?" ;D

Dyam

CLKD

« Reply #157 on: December 05, 2011, 07:41:39 PM »

OK Dyan - what you got? pictures .......... tries to guess: necklace with matching bracelet; something smart from Ann Summers; new boots ......... do I get the Prize  ;)

Oldteen

« Reply #158 on: December 05, 2011, 08:30:35 PM »

My daughter is 25 and still clamours to put up her tree and decorations and can't sleep on Christmas Eve.  I feel sorry for her children when she has some, they will be woken at some unearthly hour by their mother who can't wait any longer for them to open their presents.

Awww!!!

one year in

« Reply #159 on: December 05, 2011, 09:24:48 PM »

Don't think I can be bothered to send cards this year.  Nobody ever sends me one except for my dear mum.  Think I'll have fish for lunch on Christmas day too!  Feeling cantankerous today.  And there's no smiley for that. 

Taz2

« Reply #160 on: December 05, 2011, 09:29:48 PM »

I find this smiley works well for when I am feeling cantankerous  :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Taz x

san

« Reply #161 on: December 05, 2011, 09:31:20 PM »

I find this smiley works well for when I am feeling cantankerous  :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Taz x
:clapping:

one year in

« Reply #162 on: December 05, 2011, 09:35:10 PM »

Yeh, that's pretty much it!  It's not in my gang of smileys though.

Taz2

« Reply #163 on: December 05, 2011, 11:32:27 PM »

Isn't it there if you click the [more] button underneath?

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #164 on: December 06, 2011, 02:23:58 PM »

It's all the 'c' word  ;)  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29