Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29

Author Topic: Bah Humbug! (Is it just me?)  (Read 108440 times)

cutey1

Re: Bah Humbug! (Is it just me?)
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2011, 08:06:50 PM »

silverlady - I just luuuuuuuuuuuv bratwurst and the beer - but I have to be careful with the beer - gives me wind - don't want to upset my hubby, seeing as we are having a few days on our own  ;)

I just love waling around the markets at night when all the lights are on - it definitely gets you in the christmas spirit - then when I am back I am taking my mum and dad to Chatsworth House to see  it all decorated for christmas!

I know some of you may think I am bad, but I was so ill all christmas and new year last year with the flu and a chest infection and was so poorly - it was our first christmas in our new home - I have never been ill at christmas before - so I am determined to celebrate better this year!
xx  :xmas:

cutey1

« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2011, 08:08:51 PM »

Taz - Ha,ha,ha,ha!!!  Yes my thoughts exactly!  ;D

I just love to have a laugh and live life, as life is far too short to make drama's  :)

Joyce

« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2011, 11:35:00 AM »

Would love to visit the Christmas markets in Munich.  I've been to Munich before but only for a day during the summer.  It looks like a beautiful city.  So jealous!

silverlady

« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2011, 12:06:18 PM »

Me too. I remember the Christmas Fairs when I was  a kid and lived in Germany. Magical. Sometimes my mum and dad went went in the evening and left a big iced gingerbread heart on the end of my bed for me to find in the morning. Lovely memories.

silverlady x

Joyce

« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2011, 03:05:49 PM »

They do them in Edinburgh too.  I wasn't too impressed with the Glasgow one a few years ago though.

san

« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2011, 09:18:33 AM »

Today is First Sunday Advent in churches. The first candle is lit. This bit of Christmas I love because it's nothing to do with shopping and family stress.

cutey1

« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2011, 09:24:51 AM »

Birmingham christmas market is very good - a lovely atmosphere - I am hoping to go to Lincoln Christmas Market next friday - I go just for the atmosphere not for shopping!

Yes first sunday of advent and there will be loads of people putting up their christmas trees today - I have seen a few houses around our area with their christmas decorations and gardens all lit up, for the last couple of weeks - I would get soooooooo fed up of seeing all that and christmas really would not mean anything at all!  I understand that some people put them up early for the children, but then the children get too excited too early!

Each to their own, I suppose!  :xmas:

san

« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2011, 09:28:31 AM »

some folks here have their decorations up. Our tree will go up in a couple of weeks. Now is way too early for me. With a 2 yr old grandchild running around we are aiming for minimal damage  ;D

cutey1

« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2011, 09:31:36 AM »

Ha,ha,ha,ha!  That has made me laugh out loud Mrs P - my hubby is looking at me funny  ;D

Yes honey, can you imagine the dust - I would be wanting to take them down after Boxing Day and get the house back to normal!

I love christmas but I like it to look gorgeous and softening!

:xmas:

san

« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2011, 09:32:21 AM »

Mrs P one house near us always looks like a beacon it's so lit up. I always wonder how they can afford it.

cutey1

« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2011, 09:34:03 AM »

San - it also looks awful I think - some of them go over board and they start to look tacky!

cutey1

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2011, 09:36:09 AM »

Oh Noooooooooooo!  That was soooooooo funny on a sunday morning - well I thought it hilarious and great honey  ;D

Oldteen

« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2011, 10:03:15 AM »

I'm supposed to be going Christmas shopping, but am on here instead! Then I'm going to do the ironing as I won't feel like it when I get home.

Wonder if I'll even make it to the bus stop?

And why do I feel so guilty about not enjoying buying what my mum called "duty" presents? It doesn't mean I don't care about people!

silverlady

« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2011, 11:26:54 AM »

There is a house one of the roads here where the put inflatable Christmas stuff in the front garden, loads of it, and the next day its deflating.

It looks so sad and tacky but they do it every year. Who knows why.

silverlady x

Joyce

« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2011, 01:14:22 PM »

Much as I like Christmas I can't stand the competition for outdoor decorations. Immediately beside us not many folk bother with outdoor stuff, but there are those nearby who do, although not in the grand scale of things you sometimes see on TV.  Who can afford all that electricity, especially with the hike in prices?  A tree and a few sticky on things in the window is as far as I go.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29