Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29

Author Topic: Bah Humbug! (Is it just me?)  (Read 108522 times)

silverlady

Re: Bah Humbug! (Is it just me?)
« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2011, 04:37:21 PM »

Bette

« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2011, 05:04:34 PM »

Best antidote is to simply ignore it!  ;D
Bette x

one year in

« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2011, 07:42:23 PM »

Taz, no, for some reason I get the "blank page" come up when I click "more".  My internet signal is very slow though, maybe that's why.  ::)

Oldteen

« Reply #168 on: December 07, 2011, 06:31:53 AM »

Antidote to Bah Humbug   http://www.aromatherapylifestyle.com/2011/12/festive-stress-solutions/

I know I'm odd SL, but I've never been interested in trying things like aromatherapy, even though my daughter is in the beauty business! She often burns incense, which I can't abide, and I don't enjoy being massaged. When she gives me manicures and pedicures I get impatient and ask her how much longer will it take? Then I smudge the nail varnish as I can't sit and wait for it to dry!

One holiday that wouldn't suit me is a spa break!

Scampi

« Reply #169 on: December 07, 2011, 07:44:55 AM »

My Dad is a convert to aromatherapy after being introduced to it during a recent stay in a hospice (he has terminal cancer) - he had two sessions of aromatherapy relaxation and loved it.  Ooh - that gives me an idea for his Christmas present!!

Bette

« Reply #170 on: December 07, 2011, 08:17:22 AM »

I remember being at a hospice during an "entertainment" session when the folk were listening to a concert. The lady in charge moved quietly round the room, massaging their hands. When I asked her about it, she said she was using aromatherapy oil (might have been lavender  ??? ) as they found it relaxing and soothing.
Bette x

cutey1

« Reply #171 on: December 07, 2011, 08:30:06 AM »

My Dad is a convert to aromatherapy after being introduced to it during a recent stay in a hospice (he has terminal cancer) - he had two sessions of aromatherapy relaxation and loved it.  Ooh - that gives me an idea for his Christmas present!!

That is fab - I am a therapist and I feel so proud of my profession and what I do when a client enjoys their treatment, as that is what it is about............them.  I love making my clients feel special and good about themselves.

I hope he enjoys many more relaxing treatments  :)

Joyce

« Reply #172 on: December 07, 2011, 10:20:44 AM »

I think the term masseuse disappeared because in some seedier parts it came with "extras".  Which reminds me of a funny story I heard.  A couple on holiday, wife decides to book new husband in for a massage whilst on honeymoon as a treat.  Lets just say he got a bit of a shock & exited as fast as his little legs could take him!  His poor new wife was mortified but the pair of them saw the funny side afterwards.  So when his wife booked him into the local gym for a back massage she made sure that the therapists weren't going to give him anything unexpected!  ;D 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #173 on: December 07, 2011, 02:40:37 PM »

I found a book in a charity shop this morning - "caring for your hands: tips for protecting those that massage" - seen it all now  ::)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #174 on: December 07, 2011, 04:05:40 PM »

Scampi - that is really good to hear.  When my Dad was terminally ill he used to say that his feet hurt where they were constantly pressing into the bed.  He was never a touchy-feely type of person but one day I asked him if he'd like me to rub his feet and he agreed.  I was so surprised that I just got on and did it, and ran down to the hospital shop and bought him 3 prs of cotton socks, as he also said his feet were cold.   I ended up doing this most days for him as he just lay back and totally relaxed while I did it and it was so comforting to be able to help him in some small way & feel close to him.

After he died I made up my mind to train as a Massage Therapist (which was a one year course) and then qualified in Indian Head Massage after that.  Massage is wonderful for relaxation especially but useful for lots of other problems.

viv

« Reply #175 on: December 07, 2011, 08:11:47 PM »

I just love a massage and a facial. I have had a few as gifts and found it relaxing.

Its funny though.....although I like getting a massage I could not give a stranger a massage. That makes no sense at all because I like being on the receiving end.

It seems too personal.

I know the above is mad but its how I feel.  ::)

Honeyb
x

purplenanny

« Reply #176 on: December 07, 2011, 08:21:06 PM »

Hi, I have just received a £20 voucher for a massage sent to me for my Birthday from a place I went 5 years ago when I needed treatment after an accident. They are obviously going through their records to drum up new business - should I go? Never had a massage (apart from Indaian Head, which was luverly) ::)
Purplenanny x x

CLKD

« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2011, 08:24:40 PM »

Yep.  You go and enjoy!  If the Company is drumming up business then it's good to support them.  Otherwise they might 'go under'  :(

purplenanny

« Reply #178 on: December 07, 2011, 08:27:01 PM »

I am just feeling nervous, don't know why - maybe because it is the 'unknown'. Think I will check their website and see what I will get for £20.
It does seem silly not to use it.
Purplenanny x x

CLKD

« Reply #179 on: December 07, 2011, 08:27:40 PM »

Give them a ring and ask if you can take a friend? I LOVE my feet being massaged/stroked.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29