Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29

Author Topic: Bah Humbug! (Is it just me?)  (Read 108499 times)

Jenny50

Re: Bah Humbug! (Is it just me?)
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2011, 05:31:36 PM »

I can't stand these nights when it's dark by 4 o'clock ( or should that be days?).  So I do wish away the winter and look forward to Spring! I love tidying away all the Christmas stuff just after New Year's Day, especially this year as my OH is unlucky enough to be working most of the festive season.  He's been very lucky over the years and has had more time off than he's had to work, particularly when our son was little, so I'm not complaining.  I'd still rather have him at home though.  I always think of people who have to work over special occasions and I know some choose to do it.

Jenny X

Taz2

« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2011, 05:35:48 PM »

I am the opposite and love the low light levels of this time of year. I hate the long summer days - it's nothing to do with heat I but more the light. When the bulbs start poking through I have a really big urge to go out with my spade and bang them back down again! Once spring is underway I do manage to get on with it though.

Taz x  :D

Bette

« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2011, 06:03:30 PM »

I would be more than happy if either OH or myself (preferably both) were working over Xmas; it'd be a good excuse to ignore it altogether! We're both working for the 4 days round New Year (including NYE and NYD) and am quite happy about it. Best of all, we're working together!  :)
Bette x

Jenny50

« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2011, 07:03:30 PM »

I remember many a family get together years ago when the best bit was when we got back home, just the three of us.  You can't beat your own place sometimes.

Jenny X

Oldteen

« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2011, 07:25:57 PM »

The best Christmases I've ever had were when we weren't at home: once in a rented cottage in Somerset, once in a rented flat on the Isle of Wight and once in a chalet in Denmark. My main problem with Christmas is that most of them have been quiet throughout my entire life ( when I was a child it was just me, mum and dad) and I AM BORED TO THE BACK TEETH WITH IT ALL!!!

Joyce

« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2011, 09:45:28 AM »

Hubby prefers quiet Christmases.  He likes to be able to get up when he wants, eat when he wants and sit with this feet up watching tv and probably nodding off too!  This year though we will spend it with our DGD and her mum & dad, so it will be special seeing her ripping her way through all her presents.  Hubby will still nod off though, so cameras will be at the ready to catch him out!  ;D

cutey1

« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2011, 06:52:51 PM »

Well I have decided to put my tree up tomorrow and hoping that it will make me feel a little bit more happier as I am fed up of feeling low and down!

So christmas cd will be on tomorrow as I do the decorating  :xmas:

Hopefully I will be singing at the top of my voice  ;D

Joyce

« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2011, 07:03:52 PM »

You go girl!  Me I've been watching Christmas films.  Maybe tree will go up here next weekend if I can persuade hubby to go in the loft.  I prefer real trees but so expensive and really can't justify the extra expense at an already costly time of year.  Now that is Bah Humbug.  I like Christmas just hate all the money that gets spent for one day a year.

cutey1

« Reply #128 on: December 01, 2011, 08:00:41 PM »

I hear what you are saying Cubagirl - christmas is getting really, really expensive and it is ridiculous!

We did use to have a real christmas tree, but I was fed up are paying nearly £60 for one - ridiculous!  i love seeing a real tree and the smell too, but it is not that important!

From now on all I am concerned with is I have my family, nice food and good company and entertainment - that to me is what christmas should be about  ;D

:xmas:  :love:  :xmas:  :love:  :xmas:  :love:  :xmas:

Oldteen

« Reply #129 on: December 01, 2011, 08:14:03 PM »

The year before last we never bothered with a tree, and you know what, we survived!

cutey1

« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2011, 02:27:49 PM »

I purchased an artificial tree Battyold bird and it looks just as lovely as the real thing!

As long as we have some lovely twinkling christmas lights, I am happy xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2011, 05:25:32 PM »

Yep I must have some lights.  The ones on the outdoor tree went caphoot last year so in the Sales we have purchased of some new ones - all we need now is for the leaves to fall off the outdoor tree  :whist: before we can string them in!

Joyce

« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2011, 11:55:25 AM »

I bought LED ones last year, which I hope still work.  I used to buy in homebase as they did an insurance on them which was handy if they didn't work the following year, immediate free replacement.

Bette

« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2011, 01:19:38 PM »

Excuse me but how has a "bah humbug" thread turned into a discussion about Xmas lights?! This is meant to be a refuge for us "anti-Xmas-ites" you know!!  ;D
Bette x

Bette

« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2011, 03:29:52 PM »

Well done, Morwenna - keep up the good work!  ;D
Have to admit that I have got my 3 friends' presents sorted out but only because I'm giving them jars of jams and pickle which I made in September.  :P And Mum gave me 2 rolls of wrapping paper yesterday - that should last me for the next five years at least!  ;)
Bette x
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29