Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Who leaves their washing machines etc. on when they go out?  (Read 39105 times)

Taz2

Re: Who leaves their washing machines etc. on when they go out?
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2014, 04:54:55 PM »

Why wouldn't you live near thatched roofs?

Taz x  :-\

Ju Ju

« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2014, 04:55:10 PM »

Just come home the scenic route along roads with passing places only. I was driving slowly towards a blind bend (with the wise words of my hubbie in my head "Around every bend expect a wally, if not it's a bonus." There was a wally in a 4 by 4, driven far, far too fast. I stopped, screamed as I thought this huge car was going to plough into my little car. He stopped within an inch. I still feel shaky. I shall go home on the dual carriage way next time!

honeybun

« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2014, 06:02:25 PM »

A good few of the roads around me are like that and we have our fair share of wallies. My sister's hubby refuses to go back to Mull on holiday because of roads and drivers. My worse thing is motor cyclists. I think they have a death wish.

The reason CLKD won't live near a thatched house is because of a fire risk.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2014, 06:11:17 PM »

It seems that 4x4 drivers think they are invincible because they are protected from harm in their big "tanks". Also, it apparently means they don't need to look where they are going.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2014, 07:13:29 PM »

Ju Ju - I wish every driver, when the Tester tells them 'you have passed', is also told - "remember that the person you hit may be the person you love the most"  :-\ ......... feet up with a cuppa then?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 10:11:45 AM by CLKD »

Ju Ju

« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2014, 07:46:01 PM »

Half a glass of wine! Can't drink more than that, however disgraceful I want to be!   :o  Hubby always said I was a cheap date! I so love driving these beautiful country lanes. I will avoid this particular road for a while as it will be frequented by tractors etc particularly at this time of year.

CLKD

« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2014, 10:12:51 AM »

Has anyone noticed the SIZE of farm machinery these days  :o  :cuss: and how many are not linked so that lights/indicators etc. work ........ at least being high up the drivers ought to notice when traffic is approaching from the opp direction  ::) but many now have radios in the cab.

Ju Ju

« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2014, 10:41:19 AM »

At least my little grandson gets excited by all the tractors, combines etc that pass by his window. They all wave at him!

I think 4by 4, Audi, (apologies to those owners, who are responsible) and white van drivers must have X-ray vision and be exempt from speed restrictions!

CLKD

« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2014, 12:34:40 PM »

Thick as well as stupid!

honeybun

« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2014, 12:47:19 PM »

Ooooo, every make of car that is driven on our roads could be driven by a poor driver.
I think that the ones who drive too slow are just as bad as the overly fast ones. We have a lot of elderly people around us and some of them never get out of third gear consequently some take chances when trying to overtake.
My son is now doing an advanced driving course. Much needed in my opinion. He has already written off one car by rolling it in a field.

Good and bad drivers every where. I think the test as it stands at the moment is not broad enough to cover varying situations. Skid control, night driving and motor way driving to name a few.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2014, 06:18:17 PM »

Honeybun he should get a reduction in insurance if he passes the Advanced Motoring Course  ;)

Drivers should be able to do motorway driving after Passing the Test and most Circuits have skid pans so there are plenty of opportunities for our young drivers to be given tokens for C.mas/birthdays  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2014, 06:31:05 PM »

Motorway driving is totally different and its up to parents to teach it. Bloomin scary hurtling down a motorway with a new driver.
As for skid pads. The nearest to us is 40 miles away and probably very expensive. After paying for driving lessons at £25 per hour. Paying for the theory test and then the test itself the parental purse is pretty empty.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2014, 06:22:51 PM »

Skid pans could be incorporated into the lessons though!

honeybun

« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2014, 06:43:28 PM »

That was my point CLKD. The test isnt broad enough and never has been. I was never taught how to handle a skidding car. Hubby taught me but he raced Formula Ford so learned then. He has also taught our two children along with other skills.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2014, 06:44:43 PM »

This is a real meander ain't it  ;D .......... how about Winter tyres?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8