Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Utrogestan  (Read 121606 times)

oldsheep

Re: Utrogestan
« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2012, 06:38:40 PM »

Jaycee, I've had 2 scans done about a year apart. The first one was after being on HRT for about 9 months and the lining was v thin (I did have bleeds though). Then I had another in Jan this year where the lining was quite a bit thicker which they said was the HRT, even though it's low dose, but didn't seem worried.
If you're not bleeding at all but are on HRT, it may be a good idea to have one. He wanted to see if I needed to be on 200mgs Utro. Thank goodness not for the moment anyhow. Good luck

oldsheep

« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2012, 10:40:42 AM »

Loveydovey, can't you take it from a certain date every month for however many days ie I start mine on 2nd month for 14 nights?

I lived in South Africa and France before coming back to the UK. Utrogestan is the most commonly prescribed progesterone (for irregular bleeding, pre meno anyhow) in both countries. Just seems to have taken longer to catch on here although the chemist now seems to have it in stock.
My oestrogen pills have come this time in norwegian language foils which is a challenge for the brain fog  ;D

Hurdity

« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2012, 12:49:31 PM »

Yes that's fine - but I don't think you need to take it for 15 days - 12 days is fine as prescribed on the menu left. Maybe as you haven't used it for a while you have been advuised to start with 14 days?

You could just do it monthly ie calendar month which will give you one fewer cycle per year (ie 12 instead of 13) - and easier to remember.

Hurdity x

oldsheep

« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2012, 12:08:28 PM »

I take it per calendar month. 1st or 2nd of every month etc rather than count 4 weeks. Easier!

I was put on 10 days, then 12 but as was not bleeding (I've had 1 bleed since September) he upped it to 14. I would check with your gynae how many days she wants you to take it for?

I actually feel better on it for the first 8-10 days than I do on just the oestrogen. Shows how we are all different.

Hurdity

« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2012, 02:19:06 PM »

Hi old sheep
Some of us feel bad on just the oestrogen - but only for the first few days after stopping the prog - ie it is the prog withdrawal that can sometimes cause bad side effects, not the oestrogen itself. I was like that with the Cyclogest. Once the migraine had gone after stopping the Cyclo, and the prog was out of my system (well much reduced) I was fine, but I probably felt bad for 4 days on the oestro only. So this will be more noticeable in those women who are not particularly prog intolerant (to natural prog) such as myself - who feel fine when taking it, but can get the classic pmt symptoms on withdrawal ( ie the feelings some women got only the few days before the period).Trouble is in a 4 week cycle it seems a short while before having to start the prog again!
Hurdity x

oldsheep

« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2012, 06:08:15 PM »

thanks Hurdity, that's v interesting to know x

Hurdity

« Reply #156 on: March 22, 2012, 05:27:49 PM »

I don't quite understand why they won't cause a bleed loveydovey, if you take them for 10 days per month?
Do you mind my asking if you had endometriosis because I understand that if you have an ablation due to this then the prog is needed to stop any of the sites where the endo was occurring, from building up each month and because they are not in the womb there wouldn't be a bleed.
Maybe it is just to  make sure there is no lining still left after your ablation?
Whatever the reason then it's good for you that there won't be a bleed, but I am puzzled.
Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #157 on: March 22, 2012, 06:22:59 PM »

Yep I was told it was a bleed regime when it was prescribed for me.

Taz x

Rivadan

« Reply #158 on: March 22, 2012, 08:19:43 PM »

It does actually say on the instruction leaflet "may produce a bleed" so maybe some women are lucky enough to escape.

I only seem to have to look at the little white monsters to start bleeding!

Taz2

« Reply #159 on: March 23, 2012, 07:41:53 AM »

How old are you LD?

Taz x

Taz2

« Reply #160 on: March 23, 2012, 07:53:54 AM »

:)  If you are under the age of 54 don't you have to have a bleed if you are using oestrogen to prevent endometrial cancer? I haven't read all of this thread but I don't understand why you would be allowed to be on a non-bleed HRT at your age even with having had the novasure?

Taz x  :-\

Rivadan

« Reply #161 on: March 23, 2012, 08:39:15 AM »

I guess you're going to have to try it and see loveydovey.

Hurdity

« Reply #162 on: March 23, 2012, 09:51:40 AM »

OK I have read that even if you have had an endometrial ablation you are given progesterone in case any of the endometrium is left. I haven't read enough about it to know how many women bleed afterwards still, but maybe they cannot tell for certain if there is any left.

From my ordinary knowledge, I would have though that if there was any endometrium left - then even if it didn't cause bleeding though your normal cycle, you would be stimulating it through HRT, and therefore it need to be shed - through taking progesterone cyclically as you have been advised.

I would imagine if there is no endometrium left ie the op was completely successful, then you would not get a bleed - but you will have been prescribed it just to make sure.

As I said before any fragments remains elsewhere in your body if you had endometriosis, then you would have to have progesterone and I'm not sure even if HRT is given in these cases? Maybe continuously to stop these areas building up? Probably doesn;t apply to you loveydovey.

There is an endometrial ablation discussion forum but you might not want to look at that because it will have all the post op horror stories!

I hope that helps?

Hurdity

Rivadan

« Reply #163 on: March 27, 2012, 07:34:14 AM »

That doesn't sound good. Do you get asthma? Utrogestan contains peanut oil which may cause an allergic reaction. My GP was wary of prescribing it as I'm allergic to several things.

Rivadan

« Reply #164 on: March 27, 2012, 07:41:30 AM »

Its awful when you try something, are full of hope, and then it doesn't turn out. Best to be off it for now though.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14