Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: R.I.P. Jimmy Savile  (Read 59971 times)

Taz2

Re: R.I.P. Jimmy Savile
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2013, 06:30:34 PM »

I still don't see it as a sexual offence - sorry - but I suppose my days in the office were when naughty comments were always being made and you knew who to avoid when going into the filing room if you didn't want to get fumbled and you also got whistled at when walking past a building site  ;D  I must admit that I always gave as good as I got. Looking back now I think a lot of the middle aged men who were a bit "hands on" were probably married to menopausal women who were going through their own private hells. Not an excuse for sexual predation I hasten to add!!

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2013, 06:53:03 PM »

It's fine as long as it's just the hand, and it stays on the shoulder, and doesn't slip.....
And as long, as it's just the hand, and not other bodily bits that make contact.

honeybun

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2013, 06:57:36 PM »

Things have changed so much and in some ways not for the better.

I don't know what happened with these girls in the past and of course if it was inappropriate then it was very wrong.

I worked in factory canteens during my late teens and early twenties. I then went on to sell new houses on building sites and was the only woman for what seemed like miles. I was fair game for every inappropriate comment know to man. You either gave up or gave as good as you got.

It's so sad that perhaps innocent stuff.....not Jimmy Saville.....is being brought up.

I really don't know what to think any more.

Honeyb
X

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2013, 07:57:57 PM »

People should have listened years ago when these rumours about Savile started.  Nobody did and he got away with it.

Interesting that most of these people have received "gongs" from the Queen.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2013, 08:16:16 PM »

Interesting that the Police keep saying that the more recent interviews and arrests are 'nothing to do with the Saville case'  :-\  .... and Taz., such hands on shoulders issues are sexual harrassment in the workplace - though that phrase hadn't been invented in 'my day'.  ::)

It'll all come out in the wash but the tsunami it leaves behind  :-\ .........

Taz2

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2013, 08:18:06 PM »

Blimey - I could be in big trouble then if a hand on the shoulder is seen as sexual harassment - will have to behave myself!!

Taz  :)

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2013, 08:24:20 PM »

;D  - always wise to ask first .........  ;) and one kind of knows what is simply touchy feeley and what is harrassment ........ at least now we can shout from the rooftops about it! but after 30+ years, I wish these women who think they have been abused by people in the public eye would keep quiet ......... what *do* they hope to gain?

Suzi Q

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2013, 04:23:49 AM »

Money Fame Recognition a sence of importance most would now be 40 and over
To me this shite diminishes the REAL crimes
I dont care if a man puts his arm on my shoulder
Are we so scared are we so PC that we cant show affection anymore with out it being construed as sexual?

Joyce

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2013, 07:04:15 AM »

I agree Suzi! Why have so many waited for so long to come forward?

Suzi Q

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2013, 08:46:19 AM »

Fame a sense of look at me self importance wanting to be recognised validated (hate that word)
If they had gone to police in the begining if they had complained but they didnt
Loads of these girls who were quite willing to be fondled To get tickets to go to TOP every week be the FACE of TOP They went with JS willingly to meet said stars lets face it most of us knew girls like that
Dont tell me they were the victimes if anythng were the seducers using their teen bodies to get what theywanted
Dont tell me they didnt know at 15/16/17 what they were doing We in the 1960s and 70s knew as much as kids today
There was almost as much drink drugs and sex though not anythng like the same violence as today
They are now mid to late 40s wonder what their lives are like today how their lives have progressed
If I was one of them  I was well married children maybe even grandones Id be keeping quiet
Id not be showing myself off to the world UNLESS it had been rape Id been too scared
But go watch the interviews Loads of these women  out of their own mouths
They were willing to put up with ondling from dirty old men every week to meet popstars maybe go out with them They arent victims they were users

CLKD

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2013, 04:17:17 PM »

Well Said!

CLKD

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2013, 10:42:21 AM »

William Roach has been charged ......... 40 years after the event  :'(  ...........

Joyce

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2013, 10:53:46 AM »

Suzi you've hit the nail on the head!

As for William Roach and the others, how on earth are they going to be able to prove/disprove these women were raped etc. Unlike JS where so many have come forward and it was well known for many years, but brushed under the carpet.

Suzi Q

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2013, 11:55:05 AM »

Ladies it was supposed to have been in 1966 Bill so that makes it  47 years ago
How the hell is he supposed to prove he didnt do anythng and again its not a JS inquiry
We have Police in Ozz from London interviewing a 59 year old women about Rolf Harriss I can write it now
 Because everyone knows I knew before  Xmas cos my dinlaw is a reporter and son does ioverseas desk news journo They knew some women is supposed to have been %% in early 50s by RH it was before he came to UK
He wasnt a star in the early 1950s in  Ozz why wasnt he arreasted charged he didnt come from a rich family
He had no pull NOPE sumatt up all these women some grandmas coming out saying BLA BLA
Do I believe them NO I dont Im not saying some didnt have sex but having sex and rape or pedo is a big diff
Why didnt they come out till Jimmy Saville if its been playing on their mnds didnt stop them marrying having children
Living a good decent life none seem by the media to be anythng but everyday early or middle aged women
Its Corrie next it will be eastenders late 30s early 40s coming out saying so and so mark my words
Hey if they are guilty make them pay but how can you prove it either way unless the ladies have witnesses
Getting to be a bit like the Muslim law you have to have 4 male witnesses to prove you were raped

Limpy

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2013, 12:55:16 PM »

Getting to be a bit like the Muslim law you have to have 4 male witnesses to prove you were raped

If there were 4 male witnesses, that sounds just like a gang bang. Seems unlikely that they would rat on their chums.

This whole thing with women crawling out of the woodwork to say they were abused just seems wrong.
They appear to have lived happily and got on with their lives, why wait till now to complain.
And, as others have said, how can it be proved?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10