Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: First record you ever bought  (Read 23443 times)

Blue

Re: First record you ever bought
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2011, 03:45:46 PM »

Ist record I bought was Carpenters album. Also bought The Planets Suit by Holtz.

I'd saved up £50 from my first wages, I got the record player for £35 from Boots and I had £15 to spend on albums. I'm too mean to buy singles!!! tho I did buy Telstar, by the Tornadoes have it on my phone now.

I still have all the records and the player, which was still working when it went up into loft, that's now 40 years old.

Going to see Glen Campbell's final tour in a few weeks.  Saw Dolly Parten in Glasgow last month.

Joyce

« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2011, 07:53:19 PM »

Sorry Taz I have misled you and possibly others, not intentionally.  I actually hadn't even looked at the prices until you mentioned going on my own.  I'd thought well why not indeed, but last time I think we were £40 each or thereabouts.  I'd asked my relatives first before even checking the prices. When they said no I didn't even check it out, but having seen them there's no way I or they, for that matter, would have forked out that kind of money.  I expect it's probably "normal" prices nowadays.  Last concert we were at was the Stranglers in a small venue and we were just over £20 each. 

jgr

« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2011, 07:53:57 PM »

Bits and pieces by the Dave Clark five :)

Joyce

« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2011, 07:56:02 PM »

Just goes to show the age range we have on here.  I used to fancy Dave Clark when I was about 10.  What was I thinking?  ::)

Taz2

« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2011, 09:18:58 PM »

My first album was Led Zeppelin - the one with the zeppelin on the front and my first single was Ice in the Sun by Status Quo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFhSpRgeIEE   Check out the shirts!!

Taz x

pixie

« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2012, 10:12:33 PM »

I love Led Zeppelin.  My first single was Puppy Love by Donny Osmond and my first LP, was 24 Carat Purple by Deep Purple!  :D

flushtered

« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2012, 10:25:15 PM »

:-[  Mine was - Chirpy, chirpy, cheep, cheep - Where's your mama gone?  How embarrassing! And I also bought Puppy Love :-[ 

pixie

« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2012, 10:51:00 PM »

I remember that, was it sung by 'Middle of the Road'? The singer wore hot pants, did she not? I still have my "Puppy Love "single, the label is plastered with hearts and arrows drawn all over it with "I love Donny" and 'DONNY FOREVER'!.  How embarrassing is that! I actually preferred David Cassidy :P
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 10:55:17 PM by pixie »

Joyce

« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2012, 10:51:04 AM »

;D ;D

I remember my hubby giving me such a hard time over some of my music when he met me.  Of course his music was much cooler than mine.  ELP, Pink Floyd etc.  I was into listening to this  ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARwKPf47ALM

flushtered

« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2012, 03:17:43 PM »

I remember that, was it sung by 'Middle of the Road'? The singer wore hot pants, did she not? I still have my "Puppy Love "single, the label is plastered with hearts and arrows drawn all over it with "I love Donny" and 'DONNY FOREVER'!.  How embarrassing is that! I actually preferred David Cassidy :P

Yep, Middle of the Road - think I was only about 10 or 11 though, does that excuse my poor taste?  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2019, 02:35:58 PM »

BUMPED  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]