Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Massive argument!!!  (Read 9824 times)

groundhog

Re: Massive argument!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 08:43:11 AM »

Thanks Cubagirl and Taz2.  It sounds trivial to argue over a piece of junk in the garage but I think it was the catalyst.  Anyway all blown over now. Yes Taz I think he does feel neglected as I do have other commitments now.  We are used to it being just him and I plus our daughter of course,  then life changed big time.  But as I tell him until this happened I frequently used to feel bottom of his pile - with rugby and his mates coming before me.  It's not a nice feeling.
We have talked - I think my meltdown showed him I'm not great at the moment and he accepts he was just being an oaf!
Have a good day all :)

littleminnie

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 08:47:42 AM »

He could watch 'his' recorded TV programmes when you are out. My OH does that,  he loves it. Anyone would think he is glad to glad rid of me.  :)

groundhog

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 08:57:11 AM »

I find as he gets old tv has become an issue.  I'm boring where tv is concerned.  I tend to watch the news at 6pm and then between 7 and 9 I'm generally making food or on mother rota.  We try and watch something together at 9 til bed time.  But inthe summer there is nothing much on!  So he puts on one of his programmes which I invariably hate!!! 
Saturday night we watched 12 years a slave.  I thought it was awful - far too brutal - turned it off.  We did actually agree on that - he too had had enough of the harrowing scenes and so off it went.  Anyone else seen it?  What did you think? Is it meno over sensitive me again I wonder??

littleminnie

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 09:00:29 AM »

Haven't watched that yet.  OH watched it on the plane a few months back, I watched Captain Philips, I liked that.  We never watch live TV (except the News, football etc). We record everything. That way we always have something to watch and we can skip through the adverts.

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 09:33:39 AM »

We rarely watch anything together as our tastes are so different. We both go out a lot and my enforced staying in since the hysterectomy has really been difficult for both of us I think!

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 12:53:41 PM »

We are both un-tidy

He snores ………. at least it means he's alive  ;)

Mine learnt not to be noisy in the morning very early on

As for drinking - DH got drunk a couple of times even as recently as 1991.  He was seriously told that if he continued to abuse my feelings about drink then the locks would be changed and his baggage would be outdoors!
Not open to negotiation.

Sureyl Morse etc. are soaps?  :-\  ;D

Why would anyone appear to be having a 'better' time  :-\ - that's a narcissistic tendency  ::) …… we make our own happiness ……….

How's the mood this morning?
Pages: 1 [2]