Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Rainbow Bridge  (Read 11408 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Rainbow Bridge
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2020, 05:52:37 PM »

I'm a true believer that everything, and everyone comes back as something else.
Doesn't sound silly to me Jellyb. xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2020, 06:39:38 PM »

Some believe that when feathers appear a loved one is near.  What ever helps?

I was probably a slot last time as I love my sleep ;-). 

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2020, 07:46:07 PM »

Or even a Sloth....🤣😂 glad I read that right! 🤣😂🤣

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2020, 08:12:15 PM »

Sloth will do nicely - blasted predictive text  >:(  ::)

They laze in the trees, coming down to the ground in order to poo ......... a koala would be OK though I would get bored with ecualypt. 

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2020, 09:42:57 PM »

Dangerous coming down to poo like they do. That's when they?re most vulnerable to predators. 🙀

jaycee

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2020, 11:32:18 PM »

Jellyb, not silly or nuts,i have a robin comes every year in summer,and perches on my rose trellis and watches me cut the grass,you would think it would fly away, but it doesn't
People don't belive me when i tell them what my dad saw in his dream, if it was a dream, i believe he saw a glimpse of the other side, .but if we had told him that he would have said it was a dream, nothing more,he wasn't a believer in anything like that

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2020, 09:14:50 AM »

Sloths can move upwards quite quickly - wonder if they need to read the Poo! thread  ;)

When I mentioned my dog's anniversary in conversation yesterday, DH didn't pause for breath nor flinch  :'( :-\

Barnacle

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2020, 04:15:46 PM »

When I mentioned my dog's anniversary in conversation yesterday, DH didn't pause for breath nor flinch  :'( :-\

I know exactly how you feel. My DH is the same, although that's not to say that he didn't love them as much as i did when they were alive, he just never remembers, whereas i seem to remember everything. It's tough

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2020, 04:18:32 PM »

:thankyou:  it makes it tuffer when he doesn't remember which he probably doesn't.  He moves on with everything that happens to us  :-\

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2020, 04:30:11 PM »

Your not on your own CLKD. My OH does exactly the same. I think most men are like it tbh.
They don't ponder on things like us women. x

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2020, 06:24:39 PM »

But if he really cared about me [I know he does in the main], he would remember.  Or at least give me a hug earlier when I broached the subject.

Krystal

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2020, 07:37:19 PM »

Rainbow Bridge is a place I believe is a happy place for all animals, and people who were kind to others. A few weeks ago a stray cat turned up in our garden and had an nasty looking wound on it's body. With the help of the local charity Cat's Protection and the RSPCA we were able to get this beautiful cat medical help at the vets.  As the cat was not microchipped no owner could be contacted and no one came forward despite putting this little fellows details and photo on local social media sites. My husband and myself were sad that no-one contacted the vet about him. Unfortunately blood tests revealed that the little boy cat was very sick and it was best that he was put to sleep.  Although we had only known him for a few days we were pleased to have helped him in his hour of need.

In the past we have had several cats at pets who have lived with us for many years and it was illness or old age which lead to us having to take them to the vet for end of life care. (This always seemed to happen in a January).  The first time this happened many years ago my late Mum told me about Rainbow Bridge and this helped us to cope with the death of our pet. I feel that the little stray cat we met last month has gone to Rainbow Bridge to be with our other cats and possibly my Mum. This makes me feel a lot stronger about the loss of life for the little stray cat. Bless him.       

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2020, 07:40:12 PM »

Was he rough and scruffy when found? There was one in the News a few weeks ago.  At least he was loved in his final days, they are aware. 

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2020, 07:07:25 PM »

Big Hug.

"If it should be that I grow old and ..........

Lots of cuddles.  If he were in the wild he would crawl away, go to sleep and not wake up.  Be guided by the Vet..  Never easy but the best 4 Monkey - better to know than have him disappear.  I stayed with mine ........ do be aware that if you pick him up after, he will wee a little as the kidneys empty on relaxing. 

Jellyb

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2020, 08:46:04 PM »

Birdy,
I can imagine how sad you must be feeling at the moment. Cherish your moments with your little Monkey.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5