Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Scared to stop HRT/Alternatives?

(1/1)

Pixielilac:
I have been on HRT since 2018, femeston conti.
I have been on continuous for 3 years.
2 years ago I got a blood clot so was put on patches, felt awful and not absorbing so on to gel and utrogestan but tried patches again after doctor thought utrogestan might be making my bladder worse.
I was on vagifem but they kept fallng out 😳 and now using ovestin.
Again felt awful and not absorbing.
I was bleeding on the gel and utro and was investigated and my womb lining had thickened.
I have been again bleeding, about every 5 weeks roughly. I have seen the doctor and again am on the 2 week pathway.
I also don’t feel that my gel and utro is doing much for me, I felt better on my tablets before the blood clot, but can’t have them again becase of the blood clot.
I don’t want to stop HRT and go back to the depressed, snappy tearful person I was in 2018 before I got HRT and also I read so much about the benefits such as heart health etc while taking HRT, but equally I just don’t think it is working for me anymore, I just don’t feel the same.
I think my dose can be increased but that would mean an increase in the utrogestan which can make me feel a bit sort of dozy so I  don’t really want the utro increased.
Are there any over the counter alternatives that will help with mood and sweats if that all comes back?

CLKD:
Morning.  Who is over seeing your HRT regime?   MayB it's time 2 be referred to a dedicated menopause Clinic: not a gynaecologist.  There are waiting lists so getting a referral sooner rather than later, which can be cancelled if you don't need it.

R U using Ovestin every night?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version