Menopause Discussion > Postmenopause

Estrogen

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ayesha:
Your statement above is scaremongering, you are predicting a very bad future for women who don't take systemic HRT. It is not the holy grail for all women.

orrla:
Can you read?!

What does the sentence 'from my own experience' mean?!

Mary G:
I've been on this forum for years now and we often end up having a heated debate on HRT.

I'm not sure why it gets so emotive, I see it as purely mechanical.  Most people have a choice so either take HRT or don't.  I made the decision long ago that I would use HRT for life because I view the menopause as a body fault like having an underactive thyroid for example. I saw how my mother deteriorated post menopause so obviously I didn't want to go the same way as her with endless bladder problems and dreadful insomnia.  Like it or not, oestrogen acts like a control centre for vital many bodily functions and without it, things start to go wrong.  A lot of women don't even realise some of their health issues are caused by oestrogen deficiency.

For the sake of bunging on some oestrogen and progesterone gel every day, I can't see the point of risking it and NOT taking HRT.

Emma:
Please remember:
Anyone striking matches on the powder keg will be given a good talking to.

orrla:
Thank you Mary!

Same here!

..except that I trusted, took my eye off during pandemic, and look where it got me..!

I do not wish anyone same,

🤗

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version