General Discussion > New Members

Hello, New and possibly having a full period on uterogestan?

<< < (2/2)

Susie B:
Thank you for your advice. I have only been on the Uterogestan for one month. I'm just confused as initially a few moths ago ( when I was getting brown spotting before my period) the gynae said to take it for the second 2 weeks of the month every month and then I hadn't actually started taking it but had a very very heavy period after a 6 week cycle and then she said to take it every day continuosly with no break. I've been taking it every day for the last 3 weeks but now I seem to be having a proper heavy period, despite doubling the dose for the last few days. I don't know whether to carry on taking it at the lower dose of 100 or to stop taking it completely for a few days, or for 2 weeks and then start on the 14 days on 14 days off regime.

Susie B:
Surprisingly my sister ovulated regularly till 56 on only one ovary too

bombsh3ll:
If you want to persevere with the utrogestan and you are still having fairly regular cycles, taking two 100mg caps for 2 weeks out of every 4 is probably best.

This aims to produce more regular bleeds which should in theory be lighter as you are not building up a thicker lining over longer cycles, some of which may be anovulatory.

Usually measures like this are best taken consistently for at least 3 cycles rather than chopping and changing in order to get the benefit.

Utrogestan can also be taken vaginally which leads to a stronger effect on the uterine lining and hence bleeding, than oral if that's something you would like to try.

Susie B:
Thank you very much. I'm going to try this. I stopped it yesterday as I seem to definitely be having a full blown period, cramping, heavy red blood and clots etc. Sorry for details! I will try taking yesterday as day 1 and take it vaginally at 200 from day 14 to 28. I have read that the uterogestan has a stronger effect on the endometrium vaginally and was frightened of side effects so I have taken it this way so far actually. I was surprised by the wonderful sleep it has given me and have felt a little bit tired in the day, though not depressed or weepy as I often used to be with PMT. It must be being absorbed systemically via the vaginal route surely to give the amazing sleep? One of these days I will pluck up courage to try it orally but I imagine that will have an extremely sedating effect if it is already doing that vaginally....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version