Menopause Discussion > Other Health Discussion

Thyroid issues & support

<< < (17/20) > >>

Wrensong:
Bumped for Moog77.

Moog77:
Excellent! Thank you wrensong!

Wrensong:
No problem.  It means we have a place to post thyroid queries without taking other threads off topic & hopefully more members with a thyroid history will see the posts here.
Wx

Moog77:
It does appear that there is an interaction between HRT and Thyroid meds.Really keen to get my blood tests on Friday.

I suspect I need a bump in Levo as opposed to have been given a dose of T3 from my results at the beginning of the year.

TSH 2.72 (0.27 - 4.2)
FT4 15.9 (12 - 22)
FT3 3.4 (3.1 - 6.8)

My Ft3 has never been above 4.5 and that was on 135 levo a couple of years ago. That dose suppressed my TSH to 0.07 and put my FT4 up to 22.1. However I was definitely starting peri (unbeknownst to me).

I feel like the 10 mcg of T3 has done nothing for me at all.

What a palaver this is! Such a pain trying to establish what is what. I am pretty sure my current slump is Thyroid though - numbers certainly indicate it.

SundayGirl:
I suspect you're not feeling brilliant with thyroid numbers like these.

TSH 2.72 mIU/L (.27 - 4.2) 62.3%
Free T4 (fT4) 15.9 pmol/L (12 - 22) 39.0%
Free T3 (fT3) 3.4 pmol/L (3.1 - 6.8 ) 8.1%

Just wondering why you've been given T3 as opposed to a much needed increase in Levo. (Although it looks like you're a poor converter.)

May be worth posting on the thyroid board on healthunlocked. There's some very knowledgeable people on there who will help.

EDITED TO ADD:
How are your vitamin levels? Vitamin D, B12, folate and ferritin need to be optimal  (not just above the bottom of the range where a GP would tell you that you're fine)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version