Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

BMI and hot flushes/night sweats

(1/3) > >>

Jari:
Just thought I'd start this topic to try and gauge if BMI has anything to do with hot flushes/night sweats and severity for those of us not taking hrt or meds.
Any replies, can you put your BMI ( Google it and work out online calculator) and if you have hot flushes etc and how severe.

My BMI is 23.9, no hrt/meds and I have about 2 hot flushes a day which are not too intense and also night sweats which are more just feeling hot, but do wake me.

Sparrow:
BMI.  32
 (yes I know way too high but have actually just lost a stone and still going)

Hot flushes day or night =. None

I am nearly 7 years post memo.  I had spells of horrendous flushes during peri but hardly any since.

Jari:
Great you're not having any hot flushes now Shadyglade.

Do we count ourselves as post menopause from last period or a year after last period? X

Sparrow:
I think that you are post menopausal from your last period BUT you cannot count that as your last period until a year has past.

If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.

Foxylady:
BMI: 32.4 (that's having lost 2 stone) still motivated to lose more as I believe it will (although difficult to measure) help with symptom control aswell as general health/wellbeing. I suffer from hyperhidrosis (over sweating) since a teenager, previously affected predominantly my hands, feet, under arms. I take AD (for the sweats) and HRT, sweats much less (once twice a day). I am peri.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version