Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

no oestrogen double whammy....help!?

<< < (2/2)

allybally:
Today was day 8 of radio treatments, 12 to go!
Am having night sweats and a few hot flushes in the day but neither are unbearable, no bleeding since had to have mirena coil out so fingers crossed.
Menopause clinic have suggested Venlafaxine if symtoms become unbearable also Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
I am loath to take yet another drug with resultant side effects so am just getting on with it all really...although I did have a meltdown in Currys of all places on Frid, got all teary and felt a huge wave of depression...luckily it passed, I don't know if its the Tamoxifen, menopause, effects of radio or a bit of a combination really....
Onwards and upwards!

CLKD:
How would CBT help physicality though  :-\ been there, tried that, nothing worked  :'(

Have you any small areas that look like you've been in the sunshine for too long?  The Dept should give you a steroid cream to apply in very small amounts over the affected area.   :foryou:

allybally:
Thanks Hummdinger, I have been recommended a CBT workbook re menopause by Sheryl Green, also a book," Managing hot flushes & night sweats:a cognitive behavioural approach to menopause, " by Myra Hunter & Melanie Smith which has shown to be effective in clinical trials.
My last radio is tomorrow, yay!
I have been not too bad, but the skin under my arm is broken and am all rashy/red over my boob area which is normal, I have got hydrogel and zerobase to slap on and am going braless at the mo which is not a pretty sight!
I have had excellent care, my local hospital Ninewells is renowned as a leading cancer centre so I consider myself to be very lucky.
Onwards and upwards!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version