Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Low progesterone? And what do I do/take for it.

<< < (2/3) > >>

BlueButterfly:
I use a natural progesterone cream. You can get it off Amazon. (It's the alternative section anyways right? ;))
It has controlled my anxiety better than I expected. If I miss using it for over half a day, I get the internal shakes and heart palpitations. They go away about a half hour after I use it. It still amazed me. I think my body absorbs it well.

I was having 10 day long periods ever 20-24 days. This last one was 5 days long and 27 days, still 1 heavy day. It's taken a few months to get here but every month I'd see little improvements. The best was when I had a scan that showed it was reversing an "odd growth" on my ovary...most likely endometriosis. (No I didn't have the surgery to check it out because I can't stand the idea of it unless it was absolutely necessary. We already know I have it, no reason to go through all that unless it was growing like cancer or something).

I've heard the POP can also take a few months to settle down as far as break through bleeding and everything, but after you get past that, you could possibly not have periods anymore. Really might be worth trying again and giving it a few months to settle.

For me, yes I have a small fibroid but I have always had heavy, clotty 7 day long periods before I ever had the fibroid. (and the hormones changing things) The endometriosis made my periods bad and the extra estrogen my body produced.

Focus:
Thank you so, so much!

Yes, alternative suggestions please :)

I've never really gotten on well with the medical profession as a whole. There have been exceptions, of course...but they have been very much the exception.

My way of dealing with stuff has been to find out as much as I can for myself (intellectualise). That helps calm down the feelings a lot and give them some sort of framework. I've ended up finding out a heck ton of about how the brain processes memories, cortisol, adrenaline etc, through being until with PTSD. And then I've been able to use that info to give other people a hand as well.

From what I'm starting to understand with all of this, stress hormones are not good for the liver? They put a huge strain on it? And that also knocks the progesterone out of kilter? Even more that what's going on in this part of perimenopause? I'm still only scratching the surface of this and don't really understand much at the moment.

Would you be able to give me a link to the cream from Amazon please?

BlueButterfly:
I'll message you the link for what I get. I'm in the US but I'll see if I can find a UK link for it for you.

From what I've read, our body will use progesterone (or at least the precursor for progesterone) to make cortisol.

Focus:
Thank you.

Totally random question, I know, but do you know why my mood improved a ton while I was taking the Norethisterone back at the end of November? I was back to my totally normal self for the time I was taking it. And I felt my mood drop slowly after I stopped taking it. I actually felt like myself again. It was brilliant, like my old self was still there.

BlueButterfly:
I really don't know. I'm still learning about all this hormone fun. I would think it's just because it was something your body needed? Not sure. I know I had the same thing with the progesterone cream. I really didn't expect that, especially after reading about how so many people don't get along with progesterone-some feel absolutely awful. Then I just waited for the better mood to go away, that it was temporary...but it's still helping with the anxiety...so maybe there's a few of us out there that just really need that progesterone?? I do get moody (read b*tchy) if I use too much though. So I just listen to my body (and complaints from the family  ;D)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version