Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Adrenal Fatigue & Peri/Meno

<< < (4/12) > >>

BlueButterfly:
I have read the saliva test is the way to go with it...especially the 24 hour one that takes it a few times throughout the day to not only show the level but the trend it follows.

Yes, gentle. Easier said than done some days.  ::)

I'm going to try the guided meditation when I wake in the nights, hopefully it doesn't happen often but that's got to be better than being away from 2 am forward.

Letmein:
I've read that Adrenal fatigue is highly disputed by experts. Personally, I font care what it is called, what I know is that something in my body has changed about 2 years ago that makes me feel physically hyper even when I feel perfectly calm.

I'm an example oh good practice :). I don't drink any alcohol and never have. I don't smoke, I've stopped all caffeine, no fizzy drinks. I eat healthily, am 8 1/2 stones. I take a walk every day even when it's freezing outside. I also run, cycle and swim. My life has never been so stressless.

And yet I buzz all the time and my sleep is atrocious. I would love to know why!

I have to say that I've downloaded the app Calm and find it wonderful. I've done the sleep meditation and have fallen in a very pleasant sleep each night since... but it hadn't stopped the waking up early. 3am today and however much I tried to apply the same techniques of meditation, my body refused to relax and I remain wide awake.

BlueButterfly:
Had terrible sleep last night. If you can call any of it really sleep. It was a very long night. I probably should have known. I was feeling off for sure.

How you guys described it....feeling calm but the body anything but relaxed. It's the perfect description that there is. I need to do something. I've tried ashwagandha before but it didn't agree with me at all. It could have been because I was already having digestive issues..I'm really not sure. I just got feeling so absolutely sick shortly after taking it. Felt like I was jumping back and forth between fevers and chills, nauseous..just an overall feeling of being unwell. So I have worries of trying it again.

I have chamomile tea and lavender I should try again before bed. It has helped in the past.

I see today not going well. I have started to notice that on days when I am so tired/sleep deprived, that I have more adrenaline surges....heart pounding, flushes...etc. Unfortunately, I am terrible at taking naps as well.

I am going to have to be better at getting regular gentle exercise and sticking to an evening routine so I can hopefully get my sleep in order. Diet and stress relief alone is not going to be enough if I keep having these sleep issues. 

Letmein:
It's reassuring to read others experiencing the same symptoms. There is so much to read about the impact of hot flushes, low sex drive, anxiety but so little about high cortisol and the attached symptoms, tinnitus, pins and needles, diziness, and that ever racing brain.

I've had a fitbit for almost 2 years and my deep sleep is appauling. That's why I still wake up feeling totally jetlagged even when sleeping 8 hours.

Thank you for the herbal suggestion Birdy. Every treatment I've tried so far have made it worse!

Letmein:
Butterfly, I totally relate to what you write. Like you, the more sleep deprived I am, the worse the symptoms, its a nightmarish vicious circle.

Like you, I'm totally unable to nap even if I had no sleep at all the night before. Its no new though, I was never one to nap before the menopause and I've always been quite a hyper person. I'm guessing the spike in oestrogen has just made it worse.

My evening routine helps to get me relaxed enough to fall asleep, but the hyperness rises in the night and there is then nothing I seem to be able to do to relax. The first hour waking up is the worse for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version