Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Can't take oestrogen.....so what to do?

<< < (2/3) > >>

CLKD:
How big is the clotting factor in all this?  One has to weight up benefits as well as risks.  Difficult.  Go with your gut instinct?

BlueButterfly:
My gut has been telling me for many years to worry about a blood clot....but I was also on a CCP for about 7 years prior to this. (I felt like I needed to get off, clotting being one reason) so I'm not sure. I guess right now, my kids are still young and I want to be there for them...so I want to keep risks as low as possible. When they are grown, things might be different. Just part of the challenge of being young with it all I guess.

BlueButterfly:
Thanks Birdy,
I'll check out that book. yes, it is definitely about keeping the hormones in check. I worry when the oestrogen starts dropping more if I'll be able to handle it all. Thankful that right now, progesterone is what I need and it is helping...but protecting my heart and bones.....things I do need to worry about for sure.

BlueButterfly:
Hi Jari,

I can't say I eat lots of garlic. I take a garlic supplement each day though. I'd love to eat more but I have to feed the family as well and they don't love garlic as much as I do.  ;)
I take an omega 3 supplement, eat almonds when I can buy them, B12 and D3. (Magnesium, Biotin, a probiotic and Vitamin C as well) I need to find a good B Complex vitamin.
Sometimes I take some low dose aspirin, but not often. I was taking half a pill after my fall down the stairs. Still never got a bruise from that.. :o but I hit my knee recently and got a bruise from that! I don't recall it being a very hard hit and it's taking awhile to heal it seems so just cut out the half an aspirin.

I have Evening primrose oil sitting around, waiting to add. I take so many things each day, I'm not thrilled to swallow another pill. not sure if that affects the blood.

I've seen you mention a few times that you are trying a hormone balancing diet. Would you mind sharing what you are doing with that? I've read about it a bit.

CLKD:
We eat a lot of garlic and ginger in our diet.  Initially it gave me indigestion but now I miss it in recipes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version