Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Turmeric paste for joint pain

<< < (5/6) > >>

heidif67:
Ok.... so I'm a couple of months in taking turmeric paste and I now have NO knee pain at all.  I am now able to do a few yoga poses I hadn't been able to do for months & months.

Obviously, we won't all react the same, but it's working for me.

The point of this update is that I have bought a couple of silicone coffee bean moulds (used in baking) off t'internet and am now freezing my turmeric paste rather than stirring it into hot water/milk - so no stained teeth  ;D ;D ;D  Just straight down with a glass of water!

Good luck to you if you're trying it :) x

Cassie:
Hiedif67 just remember that its important to take the tumeric with some form of food for absorption even in warmed coffee, they dont recommend drinking the frozen pieces as it can cause damage to the oesophagus, perhaps pop a frozen blob in some coffee and drink it like that. I make warm bovril water and I add some paste and a dash of tumeric pepper its delicious.

heidif67:
Thanks, Cassie... I take it at breakfast time and tea time so always with food.

I'm not convinced about such a tiny lump of anything frozen causing damage to the oesophagus - I eat bigger pieces of ice lolly ;)  That said, if you can post the link to this information I'd love to give it a read.  I don't want to swap one problem for another, after all :)

Labelle:
thank you for this
My knee is terribly sore I am going to try the tumeric paste asap x :)

Rosebush:
Heidi were did you buy your Turmeric Powder, I have seen it in 2 Supermarkets but not sure its the right powder, I want to make a paste and 'put on'  to my knee's, have been reading so much about it over last week and want to give it a go, for anyone else who is using it and getting relief well done.. :-* :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version