Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Red Clover & Sage as taken off HRT

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dotty:
Sage didn't work for me. If I was you then I would post on All things Menopause and ask there if you can take hrt. Bleeding is normal on Elleste Duet and I think your doctor may be wrong in saying that you can't take hrt.

runningfool:
Hmm - interesting...

I have a gynae appt at the beginning of May and have been told by another doc that I should stay off at least until then (fibroid) but the symptoms are getting really bad - especially when I am at work (though pretty awful at night too). Was just trying to investigate an alternative you see.

Dotty:
I don't think that fibroids are a reason to stop hrt, but I'm not an expert . If you post on the other page more people will see it. Don't think many people look at the alternatives page.

runningfool:
Thanks very much!

CLKD:
If you have symptoms that are over-whelming, maybe consider Quality of Life?   Your GP should have sent you for a scan for un-explained bleeding, or explained that this may well be a side effect of that particular HRT.  What did it say on the leaf-let in the packet?

Browse round.  There are many ways of delivering HRT.  Do be aware of vaginal atrophy which may well require a different type of HRT into the vagina, not much else works!   We have several threads here.

This sounds on paper that you have another ill-informed GP!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version