Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Singing

(1/4) > >>

Roseneath:
 In my Meno hell year I just tried to reflect on if any of the Alternative therapies made a jot of different. I've tried them all....vitamins, herbs, CRT, Mindfullness, fresh air, menopause vits & cook books green tea, soya whatnots, yoga, reiki,  Spent hundreds . But one thing I've done is join a choir (can't sing) and it's just the best thing. Mostly friendly pensioners belting out oldies. Gets me out and not wallowing. I never want to go but come back with a spring in my step.

CLKD:
 :thankyou:  singing and music in general is known to break down barriers World wide as well as helping people.  It is used more and more with dementia-type conditions, because people can remember "It's a Long Way to Tipperary" etc..  I sung from an early age but after 2 lots of surgery I can't hold a note  ::).  My voice cracks ........

Go GIRL GO!

Salad:
Totally agree! Love my Wednesday Evenings  :madeyes:

What I lack in voice I make up for in memorising the words plus I go with my best friend and we spend most of the time laughing - perfect!

CLKD:
You may find your voice improves as you exercise it.  It also improves lung capacity and posture ;-)

dulciana:

--- Quote from: CLKD on March 07, 2018, 05:36:38 PM --- :thankyou:  singing and music in general is known to break down barriers World wide as well as helping people.  It is used more and more with dementia-type conditions, because people can remember "It's a Long Way to Tipperary" etc..  I sung from an early age but after 2 lots of surgery I can't hold a note  ::).  My voice cracks ........

Go GIRL GO!

--- End quote ---

Couldn't agree more!    ;)
D. x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version