Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Which vitamins?

<< < (2/9) > >>

weathergirl:
I take 2000IU daily of D as my levels are holding well at a higher point.  I also take ashwaganda, milk thistle, Evening Primrose, and recently added in some Ginseng.  I feel like the single most important aspect of going through menopause naturally is to care for the adrenals.  It seems to all start there. 

Smitten:
That's so interesting regarding the adrenals weathergirl is there a particular supplement that's important for that? I think it's something that may be beneficial for me :)

Currently I take:

Vitamin D
k2 MK7
Magnesium spray
B12
Menopace more as a multivit really

:)

Shadyglade:
I have got really fed up with taking lots of different tablets daily so have ordered multi vitamins. I have trouble swallowing big tablets, as most of the multis are, but have found some chewable ones. Plus magnesium in effervescence drink tablets.

weathergirl:
Smitten, sorry so late in answering this!  I take Ashwagandha as well as maintain mid-high levels of vitamin D (serum level).  I have used other 'adaptogens' in the past.  Some that you can research for up to date info are: astragalus, ginseng, and rhodiola.  There are so many natural/herbals out there that seem to be very effective at helping support the body when under stress. 

I was very hesitant to try them at first but after a lot of my own research (and asking questions), I decided to try them.  Quality and independent testing of supplements (for potency, contaminants, etc) was the most important thing to me.  I've also been using Maca powder for a little while and it seems to balance energy levels nicely.   The reason many people bail out on these things (natural/herbal) is they take time and consistency!   

There isn't 'immediate' relief like with HRT/prescriptions.  The way I view it, these natural preparations are helping the body to achieve the best balance it can within our hormonal system - as a whole.  Good luck!

dangermouse:
That's a really good point as it's easy to give up when nothing changes after a week! I've also read that it takes time and commitment (and much less side effects!) but I'm just too impatient sometimes!

My progesterone cream works within hours but the precursors to make more of my own would probably take weeks.

I find homeopathy quite fast acting but that is stimulating the immune system so probably quicker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version