Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Sage for hotflushes is working for me

<< < (3/5) > >>

Samade:
my consultant unofficially recommended sage, it was great for a couple of months and then stopped working. Next time I saw her, she said a lot of the herbal alternatives gave relief for a short but not long term

weathergirl:
ruby10 - good to hear.  I'm glad it's working for you.  There are a lot of natural ways to support our bodies in this time.  My doctor recommended sage as well.  I haven't yet tried it.  But he's very conservative about 'alternative' treatment, so for him to recommend it, it must mean he's seen good results in patients.  Good luck!

Bea66:
For what it's worth, I'm still doing well on Sage.  It's been a good few months and my night flushes are gone.  I've even been using a hot water bottle!  I guess I've been extremely lucky, but after trying virtually everything else, I'm just glad to have found something that works.  I still get the odd flush during the day, and obviously it's not going to stop any other symptoms, but the night flushes are gone, and I'll take that :)

slayer:
Hi guys

started having sage pills about 3 weeks ago and not really seen any difference with my hot flushes. Do I need to give it more time or is it just not the right treatment for me.

this is all new to me and i'm only 44.

Andrea63:
Hello,
I am new to this forum.  My doctor in Switzerland prescribed Sage in "essential oil" form.  I have been taking it for 10 days and it seems to make a little difference.  I am also taking Cimifemin fort ("Cimicifuga racemosa" - roostock).  I'll let you know how I fare in a few months.
Best wishes from Geneva!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version