Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Considering trying HRT patches.

(1/2) > >>

Harry Bear1:
I am considering trying HRT patches to hopefully help settle my hot flushes. Have tried herbal remedies with no great success.

Hope you can share your experiences. My recent blood test revealed that my Serum FSH value is 60 - bearing in mind that the Luistenising Hormone (LH) for an adult female  postmenopose rsmges between 8-58).

:)

Salad:
Hi  :)

It is well worth considering HRT to settle your hot flushes.
My GP suggested being guided by my symptom control when I first started. I'm not sure I've ever had my FSH checked but I do get my Oestrogen level monitored.

:welcomemm:

peri:
I can recommend patches Harry Bear1, they've worked well for me.  Plus they are transdermal and don't go through the liver so are better for you x

Harry Bear1:
Thank you so much to the ladies, who have taken their time to share their experiences with HRT - using patches.

Spoke to my GP this afternoon, and will Ben collecting my patches tomorrow. I will keep a diary of how I get on and will certainly keep you all posted.

Have a wonderful Christmas ladies  :) :)

Hurdity:
Hi Harry Bear1

:welcomemm: from me too!

Another patch fan here! Have been using them for 10 + years and now in mid 60's....they worked on my flushes within days - I was late peri-menopause.

Where are you in menopause ie period regularity etc, how long your cycles are etc? Also what type are you trying? Do hope they work for you and improve your symptoms - do let us know :)

Hurdity x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version