Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Anyone tried Sage?

<< < (3/5) > >>

CLKD:
If they haven't gone through the testing that NICE insist upon, Drugs won't get onto the NHS Prescription lists!

No drug is truly 'safe'.  Some may have reaction.  Mainly though patients get good results if the drug prescribed for the specific purpose is used correctly.

Some patients suffer awful side effects which meanes that they are unable to keep taking the prescribed medication.  Myself included, Tamoxifen almost killed me  :'( but many 1000s women take it successfully.  Which reminds me ..........

Jenna:

--- Quote from: Shadyglade on November 20, 2017, 09:33:01 AM ---If anyone is worried about the safety of the herbal medicines they take, or are considering taking, this type of medicine is now regulated and has been for sometime.  I haven't looked to see if sage is listed but if it is sold by a reputable UK merchant it would would have to be.  Here is the relevant government website for checking. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/herbal-medicines-granted-a-traditional-herbal-registration-thr

Hope that helps.
Shadyglade

--- End quote ---

Thank you, Shadyglade - that's very interesting.

Hurdity:
Just to point out that there is a difference between a herbal extract used as food supplement and one used as a medicinal product and I presume that different regulations will exist for each? The link I think applies only to herbal medicines. Not sure where sage come into this and whether it actually is a food supplement? I'm not an expert but perhpas some more knowledgeable could give examples?

I know for example that Evening Primrose capsules used to be available on NHS - as a medicine - and not a food supplement.

Sorry to hear about your migraines Bea66 and hope you manage to find a solution that works for you?

Hurdity x

Jenna:
Perhaps this might help, Hurdity?

http://www.mhra.gov.uk/home/groups/par/documents/websiteresources/con081884.pdf

Jenna:
Well, I do try..... :rofl:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version